Member Service Representative I
Company: CBC Federal Credit Union
Posted on: April 30, 2021
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To provide members and prospective members with
the full range of products and services offered by CBC Federal
Credit Union. To create an easy member experience that will result
in member loyalty.LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: MSRI is an entry level
trainee position, receiving guidance and instruction from
management and higher level Member Service Representatives. An MSRI
performs basic account servicing functions provided at the greeter
station, MSR office, and the teller line. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Practice CBC core values:
- Make It Right-CBC pledges to do the right thing for our credit
union by providing the greatest benefit possible to our members and
- Make It Easy-CBC pledges to provide easy financial solutions,
convenient locations, efficient service and simplified
- Make It Personal-CBC pledges to nurture deep, personal
relationships with members, based on their individual needs and
- Perform Account Servicing Functions:
- Process deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cash advances;
redeem savings bonds; sell money orders, corporate and cashier's
- Open/close accounts, re-order checks, place stop payments,
submit items for special processing, cancel and reissue debit
- Assist members with account inquiries such as account balances,
transaction history and other various inquiries
- Review account information for restrictions and funds
availability; provide information on account status and account
- Process bank wires and Western Union requests; submit requests
for internal transfers
- Verify and update member records (name, address, telephone
- Provide notary services if commissioned
- Comply with the Bank Secrecy Act including Customer
Identification Program and required reporting
- Educate current and potential member about CBC products and
- Screen membership applications and determine applicant's
- Cross sell products and services that will improve the member's
financial well-being; when appropriate refer members to CUSO
- Educate and assist members with electronic and on-line services
such as the ATM network, on-line account access, web bill pay and
- Educate members about IRA products; forward necessary paperwork
to the appropriate department
- Research and analyze problems related to members' accounts:
- Initiate investigative or corrective procedures including
requests to management to grant exceptions and waiving fees within
- Interview and assist members with ATM and fraudulent account
activity claims; obtain signed forgery affidavits and supporting
documents; contact appropriate credit union department to initiate
account investigation and adjustments
- Remain diligent to fraud and abuse situations and patterns;
advise appropriate channels when suspicious activity occurs
- On behalf CBC Collections department, collect delinquent or
over the limit amounts; refer to the internal collections if
efforts are unsuccessful
- Perform cash and other negotiable instruments handling:
- Ensure that cash and negotiable items are secure at all
- Reconcile daily cash received and disbursed
- Assist with cash verification and replenishment for ATMs, TCDs
- Assist with money deliveries
- Accept and issue checks and other negotiable instruments
according to CBC guidelines
- Follow CBC cash reporting and handling limits
- Assist members with lending products:
- Promote CBC lending products and services (loans, credit cards,
- Refer interested members and potential members to the Loan
Sales Team (warm transfer) for consumer lending and to the Mortgage
Department for real estate lending
- Retrieve and help members to sign approved consumer loan
documents; identify discrepancies and take corrective actions.
- May assist with branch opening and closing procedures.
- May serve as branch vault custodian.
- May be asked to represent CBC FCU at various community events
i.e. CBC Shredding day, Seabee Days etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skills and ability required of an individual to
satisfactorily perform the essential duties of this job.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn credit union's products and
services as well as state and federal regulations that are
applicable to the duties performed in this position
- Member (customer) service skills to include responding promptly
to members needs in a timely, friendly and respectful manner.
Follow-through on member commitments. Ability to manage difficult
member situations and keep emotions under control.
- Interpersonal skills to include treating members/employees with
respect. Focusing on solving conflict (not blaming) and keeping
emotions under control.
- Basic computer and 10-key skills. Knowledge of or ability to
learn email, basic word processing and Internet
- Reasoning ability to include applying common sense to
understand, interpret and carry out instructions furnished in
written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving a few
concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively. Speak
clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations;
listens and gets clarification. Responds well to questions.
- Ability to write routine correspondence in a clear and
informative manner. Ability to read and interpret documents and
- Ability to follow instructions and respond to management
direction. Must also be able to take responsibility for own
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply an divide and to perform
these mathematical operations using units of American money.
- Ability to demonstrate good quality work such as accuracy and
thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance and monitors
own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to meet productivity standards and strives to increase
productivity. Works quickly and completes work in a timely
- Ability to work on a consistent basis on scheduled days and at
scheduled times.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or
graduate equivalency diploma (GED). Experience in a customer
service position, preferably in a financial institution, which
included duties such as cash handling and provided face-to-face
customer service.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential duties.This position is
of sedentary physical activity performing non-strenuous daily
activities of a clerical nature. To perform the duties of this job,
constant sitting and working on a computer is required.
Occasionally required to stand and walk. Repetitive use of both
hands for keyboarding.WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work area is well-lighted,
heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate
ventilation. The noise level is moderate.WORK SCHEDULE: Workweek
will be approximately 29 hours or 40 hours with some overtime as
needed. Occasional attendance at meetings before or after scheduled
hours may be required. Management reserves the right to change any
employee's work schedule to meet the operational needs of the
Credit Union. Furthermore, management reserves the right to
reassign any employee, either temporarily or permanently, to work
at another credit union location.TRAVEL: No travel required.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: CBC Federal Credit Union, Oxnard , Member Service Representative I, Sales , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!