Warehouse Worker/forklift operator
Company: MCH Consulting Services, LLC
Posted on: September 10, 2018
- * Receiving/Issuing material, Loading/Unloading trucks, Processing/Issuing receipts, assisting with inventories, assisting with maintaining shop stores inventory, and performing general shop store cleanup.
- * Capable of performing a variety of warehousing duties, with the ability to understand, develop and manage a storage plan. Work involves most of the following: Verifying materials (or merchandised against receiving documents, noting and reporting discrepancies and obvious damages); routing materials to prescribed storage locations; storing, stacking, or palletizing materials in accordance with prescribed storage methods; managing and taking inventory of stored materials; examining stored materials and reporting deterioration and damage; removing material from storage and preparing it for shipment. May operate hand or power trucks and forklifts in performing warehousing duties.
- * Inspects received material to verify NSN/part number, nomenclature, type, correct quantity, to ascertain compliance with contract, purchase agreement and stock catalogs. Determines when and how items are to be consolidated in holding areas for inspection, transfer, or placement in proper storage areas. Verify the National Stock Number (NSN)/Navy Item Control Number (NICN)/Local Item Control Number (LICN)/or Part Number (PN), Unit of Issue (U/I), JCN and quantity on the receipt document with quantity actually received. Checks material for damage and material discrepancies, such as overages/shortages, wrong material, etc. Reports discrepancies when required. Determines appropriate area for holding material and ensures that the material is placed in the designed location. Certifies accuracy of material received and issue validation. Coordinates the material receipt process to verify system accuracy before items are stored for issue.
- *Properly stores/stages material to assigned locations, and updates the location designator, if required. Stores items for maximum convenience of location, ease of issue, as well as protection from damage, deterioration and pilferage. Selects and assembles items for issue. Identifies specific items from the trade and ship names used by requestors; recommends appropriate substitutions to meet user's needs. Coordinates the delivery of staged material when the job is ready for issue.
- Ensures all forms are filled in correctly and signed by the customer. Processes any issues, and ensures that job order numbers, reference numbers, and stock numbers are correct and accurate. Inputs data to the computer and reports any problems to the government supervisor.
- *Provides a wide range of customer service functions including assisting customers in locating appropriate material and determining stock status. Assists other employees with customer assistance, routine follow-up, relocating/storing of materials, and cleaning up of the work area.
- *Tracks turnover items on hand and recommends increases and decreases of stock as appropriate. Coordinates with shop store inventory manager for items in need of replenishment in the warehouse area. Pulls, stages, and returns excess and obsolete material to FISC/DRMO if appropriate.
- *Participates in the conduct and reconciliation of location surveys/physical inventories. Counts type and quantities of items during inventories and maintains tallies during the count. Recounts or searches other storage locations to determine the basis for overages, shortages, or misplaced items by checking stock status information in issue request, receiving, shipping reports, and locator records.
Keywords: MCH Consulting Services, LLC, Oxnard , Warehouse Worker/forklift operator, Professions , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!