Electro-Mechanical Master Technician
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Battelle delivers when others cant. We conduct research and
development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture
products and deliver critical services for our clientswhether they
are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
agency.We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply.Job SummaryBattelle is currently
seeking an Electro-mechanical Master Technician . This position is
located in Oxnard, CA .This is a full-time position. The selected
candidate will work with a team in a broad range of mechanical and
electro-mechanical equipment development activities. The candidate
will apply job skills and applicable certifications, policies, and
procedures to complete a variety of tasks. The candidate will take
concepts and/or designs and turn them into tangible solutions
including performing the construction, assembly, re-building, or
modifying, a product or solution with a focus on the design to
fabrication process. The candidate may train and guide less
- Takes concepts and/or designs and turns them into tangible
solutions; includes constructing, assembling, re-building, or
modifying a product or solution with a focus on the design to
- Procures, fabricates, assembles, and tests components and
assemblies using technical drawings, sketches, and technical design
packages, sometimes under the guidance of an engineer.
- Operates fabrication machinery for custom hardware developments
such as mills, lathes, breaks, drill presses, hand tools,
soldering, brazing, and welding equipment.
- Conducts tests on equipment, including instrument set up and
- Provides input on design improvements for prototype
- Uses ability as a skilled specialist in accordance with
applicable policies and procedures to complete complex tasks in
creative and effective ways. May participate in or provide input to
written and/or oral presentations to clients, suppliers, visitors,
and technical representatives to disseminate information. Assists
engineers in preparing engineering drawings and reports for Project
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where
considerable judgment, creativity and initiative are required to
identify the problem and provides input into a solution.
- Trains and guides staff members to complete work assignments.
May provide input on performance reviews. May act as a working
leader by assigning and reviewing work of less experienced staff
- Uses experience to assess reasonableness, applicability, and
expectations of resultant accuracy of project work. Identifies ways
to control and/or reduce fixed costs without negatively impacting
- Contributes to the technical planning of project work including
recommending and implementing improved methods for new approaches.
May provide input and justification for capital equipment
purchases. Responsible for various types of equipment and oversight
of facility operations.
- Completes complex tasks under minimal supervision or guidance.
Plans and performs project work from a basic understanding of
objectives and work statements. Tracks progress against identified
milestones and reports to supervisor any deviations from the
- Associate degree in a mechanical and/or electrical technical
related field; 10 years of applicable experience; or an equivalent
combination of education and or experience.
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a
TS clearance with Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Experience in reading technical assembly drawings and sketches,
procuring, fabricating, and assembling complex electro-mechanical
- Experience testing various electrical or mechanical
- Experience operating common machine tools such as mills,
lathes, and drill presses.
- Experience in soldering, welding, fabrication, woodworking,
plumbing, electronics, power hand tools.
- Exhibits technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills to
complete complex assignments and demonstrates the ability to solve
- Ability to follow, modify and generate procedures of
- Exhibits knowledge of good laboratory practices for testing and
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Ability to handle multiple job assignments simultaneously and
manage time effectively.
- Willingness to travel. Travel is expected to be less than 10%
of the time. As experience increases, travel responsibilities may
expand and may include both national and international travel up to
- Currently holds or have held a TS Clearance in the last five
- May be expected to pursue various certifications or continuing
educational units, as needed.
- Performs complex analysis of data and provides input for
- Experience with numerical controlled (NC) machining.
- Experience with automated data acquisition equipment.
- Experience with hydraulic systems.
- Experience with AC/DC motor and motor control systems.
- Experience with integration and test of electrical
- Experience with mechanical test equipment.
- Experience with hyperbaric test equipment.
- Experience with electrical test equipment.
- Experience as a forklift operator.Benefits: Live an
Extraordinary LifeWe care about your well-being, not just on the
job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help
you live your best life.
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule : Most of our
team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for
every other Friday offgiving you a dedicated day to accomplish
things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge : You get paid time off to support
work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness : Stay healthy with medical, dental, and
vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a
variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together : Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care
and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future : Build financial stability with an
industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most
employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and
match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education : Tuition assistance is available to
pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements : You have options for where you
work and when you work.A Work Environment Where You SucceedFor
brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business
operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by
solving humanitys most pressing challenges and creating a safer,
healthier and more secure world.You will have the opportunity to
thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific
- Give back to and improve our communitiesVaccinations & Safety
ProtocolsBattelle may require employees, based on job duties, work
location, and/or its clients requirements to follow certain safety
protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses,
bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued
employment and to provide documentation that they are fully
vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable
accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition
through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation
Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).Battelle is an
equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities
for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to
individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local
law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to
grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and
organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified
employees at all levels within Battelle.The above statements are
intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills
required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply
any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written
permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department.For more
information about our other openings, please visit
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Oxnard , Electro-Mechanical Master Technician, Professions , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!