Plant Systems Engineer IT/OT - Raypak
Company: Rheem Canada Ltd./Lt--e
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job Description - Plant Systems Engineer IT/OT - Raypak
(22000730) Job Description Plant Systems Engineer IT/OT - Raypak -
( 22000730 ) Description A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your
Calling At Rheem, we're dedicated to bringing comfort to people's
lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling,
and water heating equipment, we're innovating all-new ways to
deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and
supporting a more sustainable future. It's an exciting challenge
that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse
set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals
to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our
innovations. Join Rheem and help shape the future of products that
impact people's lives-every day. We are on a mission to expand our
portfolio and solutions to drive channel and customer loyalty while
also supporting global efforts such as decarbonization and
sustainability. Using the power of our innovative products, our
goal is to create value for our customers and take a leadership
role in the market. We are transforming the way we do business by
changing how we think - learn more about joining our team! SUMMARY:
The Plant IT/OT Engineer will serve as a technical resource to the
plant location and engineering group to support and deliver
technical services and controls automation solutions to resolve
manufacturing issues and improve operational performance. This role
will work closely with other plant and enterprise IT/OT engineers
to identify opportunities, close gaps, and implement / maintain
plant-level technologies This position will serve our Raypak
Division, located in Oxnard, CA. WHAT YOU'LL DO: General IT/OT
- Actively collaborate as a team member in a high-performance
cross functional work team environment, including plant and
regional, and enterprise manufacturing technical resources,
engineering, and IT.
- Act as a leader to support and drive IT/OT standards adoption
and implementation within the plant.
- Provide leadership in knowledge transfer and implementation of
approved standards and practices for IT/OT systems, including
network implementation, automation controllers and field devices,
and IT systems.
- Facilitate and support the numerous manufacturing process and
control systems within Operations, collaborating with Engineering,
IT, Operations and Corporate management, and vendor resources.
- Provide production support and maintenance for OT systems
including Environmental Health & Safety, OEE and Plant Key
Performance Metrics, Process Controls and Automation, reporting and
analytics systems for Operations, and others as directed.
- Lead troubleshooting and root cause analysis to effectively
resolve issues and deliver sustainable solutions in collaboration
with plant technical peers.
- Develop, plan, and execute technical solutions including
equipment bills of materials, scope of work, estimates, participate
in proposal review, and provide timely status updates for any
plant-level OT systems upgrades / modifications IoT and
- Research, test, and document IoT solutions which could include
creating solutions where design, coding and feature testing of
devices is required.
- Provide solutions to issues related to the connection of
devices to networks and platforms.
- Design and support platform solutions that are cloud-compatible
and work with IoT applications.
- Develop software that allows IoT devices to function and
connect to other devices.
- Develop, support, and utilize cloud-based data management.
- Develop and manage data collection from Operations processes
- Develop data dashboards and reporting. Qualifications WHAT YOU
- 5+ years of experience in systems integration, managing
manufacturing process control applications, supporting software and
databases, support, and ongoing process improvement efforts.
- 2+ years of experience supporting manufacturing process
controls networks, infrastructure, and security systems.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills with
electrical and controls systems and associated programming
- Experience in developing PLC and HMI solutions, and specifying
hardware and software for controls and automation projects.
- Experience with controls power distribution layouts, panel
layouts, hardware specification.
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills, including
ability to listen and understand the business need and develop
- Experience with data structure design.
- Experience with data collection, communication, and
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, AWS, or similar cloud
- Basic programming skills (ex. VBA, C++, Python, SQL).
- Ability to work independently and to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to adapt quickly and positively to change.
- Rheem company (preferred) or adjacent industry experience.
- Breadth of technical passion, desire to learn and knowledge
around data & AI cloud services.
- An innovative solution-first spirit and an ability to think
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or related
- Enter # of years of experience required and tied to level/role
here (if prior JD exists, please use as is)
- High technical aptitude.
- Able to work with cross-functional teams and external subject
- Experience working within enter technical components here.
- Passionate about building and owning innovative, customer
- Great presentation and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant
software such as:
- Any other key required components of the role to be a strong
candidate. HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Master's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or
- HVAC / Water Heating industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a broader
networked team to not only manage issues but to be innovative in
pursuit of OT solutions that will deliver tangible business value
at the plant and contribute to an overall connected enterprise.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer Notice to Third Party
Recruitment Agencies: Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries
do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment
agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services
Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation
or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a
resume or candidate without an agreement, Rheem and its
subsidiaries shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire
those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those
submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of
Keywords: Rheem Canada Ltd./Lt--e, Oxnard , Plant Systems Engineer IT/OT - Raypak, Professions , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!