Safety Production Supervisor
Company: Balance Staffing.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
location: Oxnard, CA
Pay rate: $69.5k-$90k (salary)
Reporting to Production Manager, the Production Supervisor will
oversee the Daily Operations of all Packaging activities, to
include but not limited to Crewing schedules/needs, Time keeping,
Quality Assurance and Safety. The Production Supervisor will assist
the Production Manager with the weekly and monthly planning
efforts. As part of the Production Leadership team, the Production
Supervisor will also work closely with the Warehouse Supervisor on
Inventory control, Shipping, and Warehousing related topics.
- Conduct daily Safety Huddles with members of the Production
- Maintain the department attendance and performance records,
including all disciplinary actions required as a result of
cultivating an environment of outstanding attendance, performance,
- Drive root-cause analysis on inventory discrepancies and works
to document solutions for future training.
- Support continual improvement Systems (SQF, AIB, Organic,
Kosher, Customer audits) and assist with applications and
procedures related to company ERP systems.
- Coordinate development of processes and procedures that
maintain inventory integrity and on-time customer deliveries and
- Coordinate with Plant Management on the application of existing
procedures, OEE tracking and development of ongoing systems and
procedures within Production; warehouse, packaging and shipping
- Support teams to include job specific training and
- Delegate work and responsibility to Leads and
- Create network connections and work with others within and
outside the company.
- Work with Plant Leadership to analyze stock inventories and
checking archives, maintain warehouse capacity and bin
- Oversee timely packaging, shipment, procurement of all stock
and material. Report to Management any discrepancies.
- Initiate purchase requisitions required for all production
areas to maintain adequate inventories of all packaging and
shipping supplies as well as administrative supplies of the
- Schedule shifts and evaluate the work of all Production staff
and subordinates as per yearly budget. Report variances to
Management for follow up.
- Ensure that all stocks comply with the quality standards of the
organization. Ensure blocking of all non-conforming stock with
Quality Department and well as maintain traceability of all
- Work in conjunction with the Quality, Maintenance, Warehouse,
functions to maintain overall KPI goals (OEE goals, RFT tracking,
etc.) for inventory accuracy, efficiency and quality
- Ensure timely address of all Production department Corrective
Action Requests as delegated by the company Food Safety
Committee/Quality Departments. Work with Human Resources and
department management as needed.
- Assist in assuring Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are
adequate for protection of our products
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma is required. Bachelor's degree is
- Four (4) years Production, Operations, or Inventory Management
experience is required. Candidates with a bachelor's degree only
require two (2) years of previous production, logistics or
inventory management experience.
- Should poses a high level of competency with
manufacturing/inventory systems with advanced skills in PC use
including spreadsheets and database experience.
- Ability to work with a positive attitude in a high stress
environment is required.
- Experience in a manufacturing and/or Food Safety environment is
Essential Job Functions
- Competed and on file.
Note : this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
Keywords: Balance Staffing., Oxnard , Safety Production Supervisor, Professions , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!