Driver - Delivery Technician (Thursday-Monday 11am-7:30pm)
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Driver - Delivery Technician (Thursday-Monday 11am-7:30pm)
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for
our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and
compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an
industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory
services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep
better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
Delivery Technicians (DTs) at Apria improve the quality of life for
our patients at home by delivering, setting up, and instructing
patients on the use of medical equipment in their homes and care
facilities.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pick up and deliver medical equipment (e.g., respiratory
supplies, oxygen equipment, hospital beds, wheelchairs, etc.) and
oxygen to patients in their homes.
- Assemble, set up, inspect and test equipment, and instruct
patients and caregivers on basic operation and maintenance, in
accordance with state licensing limitations.
- Complete paperwork relating to deliveries, pick-ups, testing
and equipment checks, repairs, vehicle inspections, etc.
- Load and unload company vehicles with equipment and
- Operate non-commercial vehicles (
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and check for gasoline, oil
and fluid levels, tire pressure, and brakes.
- May be required to clean, disinfect and assist with equipment
- May be required to work after-hours and on an on-call
- Successfully complete all required safe driving programs, abide
by applicable motor vehicle laws and ordinances, and demonstrate
safe driving practices at all times throughout employment.
- Maintain valid licenses and endorsements required for the
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required QualificationsEducation and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is
- At least one-year related work experience is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older at the time of
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
- Successful completion of Apria Healthcare's Driver Training
- Must meet job-related requirements to comply with D.O.T.,
F.D.A. and standards of accrediting body.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or
crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone
equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close
vision and distance vision.
- Regularly required to use hands to write, use computer, operate
a motor vehicle, use a hand held device, telephone and use a
document imaging system and manipulate documents.
- Regularly required to read documents and write neatly,
legibility and transcribe accurate information and
- Employee continually engages in activities that require talking
- This position requires frequent variations including sitting,
walking, standing, kneeling, reaching or stooping.
- The employee must possess and maintain a valid driver's
license, specific to vehicle operated in the conduct of this
- Specific vision abilities required to perform this job safely
include close vision, distant vision, night (low to limited light)
vision and the ability to adjust focus to work on a computer and
- Strength Aspects:
- Frequently required to stand and lift objects from 1" to 36"
high with weights ranging from 10 lbs - 100 lbs, and carry objects
for distances ranging from 1 ft -350 ft, including travel up and
down stairs or in elevators.
- Frequently required to push or pull objects weighing from 20
lbs – 60 lbs, up and down stairs, through doorways and thresholds,
using dollies or carts, or on flat or angled surfaces which may
include outdoor surfaces, carpeting or smooth floors. Distances
pushed or pulled could range from 1-25 ft on average.
- Frequently required to grip objects with hands, up to 15 lbs of
- Frequently required to grip objects with fingers, up to 10 lbs
- Body Position and Flexibility Elements
- Frequently required to climb 100 stairs on average ranging from
3"-10" in height,
- Frequently stepping in and out of company vehicles ranging up
to 20" in height.
- Occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10' high, in
- Frequently required to bend down at the waist to a torso level
of 24" above the floor.
- Frequently required to reach, on average, 20" away from the
- Occasionally required to kneel on one or both knees and squat
to perform many of the above tasks.
The physical demands described above are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and
military spouses.BenefitsComprehensive benefits package offered for
- Competitive salary
- Ability to have early access to earned wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Savings
- Life, AD&D and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off, including Vacation, Personal Time, Paid Sick
Leave & Paid Holidays
- 401K Savings Plan (available immediately)
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Employee Discount Programs
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan (available
- We recognize our veterans by offering a company paid day off
for Veterans Day
- Career Advancement/ Development Opportunities
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Annual compensation is based on a 40 hour week
EEO StatementAs an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed
to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to
employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color,
national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic
information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender
identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria
Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a)
and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against
qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or
disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime
contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment
qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria, Oxnard , Driver - Delivery Technician (Thursday-Monday 11am-7:30pm), Professions , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!