Company: Corus Entertainment
Posted on: April 1, 2021
Oxnard 1 Facility, 808 East Third Street, Oxnard, California,
United States of America Req #81 Thursday, February 18, 2021 Job
Title: Maintenance Manager FLSA Status (US): Exempt Department:
Maintenance Reports To: Plant Manager Summary: This position is
responsible for providing Maintenance support and ongoing planning
and assistance to maximize efficiencies and identify opportunities
to lower maintenance costs. Essential Duties and
- Manage all aspects of the ammonia Process Safety Management
(PSM) program to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local
- Coordinate with refrigeration maintenance service providers to
ensure all required preventative maintenance tasks are completed on
- Coordinate with management personnel to plan for and request
capital to support facility needs.
- Manage the Preventative Maintenance Program including
predictive maintenance, spare parts inventory and down-time
trending by equipment and frequency
- Manage maintenance parts procurement and budget
- Ensure required licenses and permits are obtained and
maintained to include air, water, fire, etc.
- Maintain fire system and fire prevention program.
- Manage Wastewater system serving as a liaison with local
authorities to ensure wastewater discharge and BODs are within
agreed upon limits.
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups including Production,
Human Resource, Quality, Supply Chain, Warehousing, and Finance to
meet production targets.
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve machines
and plant equipment to maximize efficiency.
- Model, for the maintenance department, a strong sense of
ownership and accountability. Showcase flexibility and a "whatever
it takes" attitude to get the job done right, including being
on-call nights and weekends. Plan, develop and implement
Assist in executing the production schedule and supply the needs of
- Works with management to ensure effective organizational design
and that roles are correctly organized, defined, documented, and
communicated to all employees.
- Ensures effective safety procedures, tools and record keeping
are managed through site leadership.
- Adheres to company GMP's (good manufacturing practices), safety
procedures and all other quality processes.
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required.
- All other duties as assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities:
Oversee site Mechanics Qualifications: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education:
Bachelor's Degree or related field experience. Experience: Minimum
of 10 years progressive maintenance experience in a food
manufacturing environment. Must have at least 5 years' experience
in a supervisory role.
Extensive ammonia refrigeration operational and maintenance
RETA certification preferred. Knowledge and Skills: Candidate must
possess a strong working knowledge of systems having a high level
of instrumentation and automation. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
practices is beneficial. Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking
and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster
organizational change. Bilingual in Spanish is beneficial. Must
have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and
be proficient with MS Excel software. Experience with Oracle is
beneficial. Exceptional mechanical skills/aptitude. Travel
Requirements: Less than 10% Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately; 50% of work is performed in an office environment.
50% of work will involve being in the agricultural or manufacturing
environment. Please note this job description is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice
- Oxnard 1 Facility, 808 East Third Street, Oxnard, California,
United States of America
Keywords: Corus Entertainment, Oxnard , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!