Senior Contracts Administrator - Aerospace (Direct and Permanent)
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Job Description Job Title: Senior Contracts AdministratorJob Type: PermanentLocation: Oxnard, CA, 93030Salary: $73,000 to $92,000 plus benefits SUMMARYResponsible for ensuring that Contracts with customers are fulfilled satisfactorily, and that favorable relationships with customers are maintained. Acts as account manager for customers on production programs. Collaborates with Sales and Marketing. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Responds to all telephone and written Purchase Orders and Contracts. Interprets requirements and processes sales orders.
- Answers a broad range of general questions regarding the company and its products.
- Prepares, submits and follows up on quotations for customers including reviewing cost estimates. Collaborates with Sales Manager in developing profit position and competitive selling price.
- Collaborates with Sales and Marketing to develop and maintain Sales forecast.
- Achieves or exceeds bookings and goals margins for assigned product lines.
- Maintains direct contact and interfaces with customers.
- Prepares and submits company proposals and supporting data, where applicable, negotiates contracts in accordance with management guidelines and procedures, and prepares minutes of negotiation.
- Monitors contract performance and provides status with regards to hardware delivery and other contractual obligations. Prepares correspondence, transmits contract data submittals and other customer required reports and documents.
- Reviews, interprets and negotiates terms and conditions in accordance with company acceptable provisions.
- Acts as administrative liaison between customer and intercompany department personnel; chairs contract reviews and supports customer audits.
- Maintains contract files to assure that all orders, change orders, schedules, correspondences, data submittals and all other pertinent documents are retained in active files through completion of all contractual obligations.
- Provides guidance and assistance to other department personnel.
- Works as a team with Program and Sales & Marketing Managers to manage and administer major programs and develop account sales. Controls, tracks, prices and negotiates changes, participates in preliminary and critical design reviews, meetings with customer and internal program reviews, maintains direct contact and interface with customers.
- Takes a proactive role in managing customer “scorecards” wherein company's customers track and report back to company on company's on time delivery performance and quality. The Senior Contracts Administrator shall hold internal meetings, with other personnel, to understand what took place, and what needs to be changed in order for company to meet its commitments. Such meetings are an essential part of the corrective action process to change company’s practices to achieve on-time delivery performance. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESNone QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEBachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year accredited college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Completion of accredited Contract Administration courses or equivalent experience. Previous experience in negotiating government and commercial contracts. LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. REASONING ABILITYAbility to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Aerospace experience a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of basic commercial and government contract terms including DoD regulations (FAR/DFARS provisions).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of order processing procedures, systems, and controls.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and make independent decisions within delegated authority.
- Proficient with personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSN/A PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Keywords: Confidential, Oxnard , Senior Contracts Administrator - Aerospace (Direct and Permanent), Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!