RN Care Coordinator
Company: St. John's Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 14, 2023
St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California
is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of
America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St.
John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California
Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest
not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an
integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from
the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient
services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help
meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more
at www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional. Responsibilities
The RN Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing, planning,
facilitating and advocating for options and services through a
continuum of care from point of contact through discharge on
assigned patients.The RN Care Coordinator performs this role in
such a manner as to meet the individuals health needs while
promoting quality and cost effective outcomes. The positions
emphasis will be on care coordination, communication and
collaboration with nursing, physicians, departments within the
medical center, insurers and post acute service providers to pace
the care toward optimal outcomes within the appropriate level of
care. The RN Care Coordinator will advocate for the patient and
family by identifying and valuing patient choice, spiritual needs,
cultural, language and socioeconomic barreris to care transitions .
In addition, the RN Care Coordinator will protect confidentiality
while striving to achieve high levels of patient satisfaction. The
RN Care Coordinator consistently conducts the utilization review
process and the discharge planning process as required by hospital
policies, standards of practice and Federal and State regulations.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in an acute hospital
- Prior Care Coordination experience in a clinical or insurance
setting is required. If operational conditions permit, training a
candidate without the required experience may be considered.
- Current CA -Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills are a
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills are
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks or projects
- Ability to work independently as needed with a high degree of
detail orientation Preferred Qualifications:
- CM certification preferred
- BSN degree or experience equivalent preferred.
- A Masters Degree in nursing with a concentration in Case
Management can serve as a substitute for the experience
- Bilingual skills in other languages is preferred.
Keywords: St. John's Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , RN Care Coordinator, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!