Company: DRUM WORKSHOP INC
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Founded in 1972, Drum Workshop, Inc. is a family-owned and
operated musical instrument company best known for designing and
manufacturing award-winning drums, pedals, hardware, and
accessories. Drum Workshop manufactures, markets, and distributes
an iconic portfolio of brands including DW - Drums and Hardware,
PDP -, Gretsch - Drums and Latin Percussion -. DW's wide range of
products have earned their reputation as The Drummer's Choice and
are endorsed by many of the world's top artists including Phil
Collins, Chad Smith, Sheila E., Mick Fleetwood, Taylor Hawkins, and
Dave Grohl among others. For more information, visit
We continually strive to elevate the artform of drumming in the
world. It is our mission to educate, enhance, and help unify the
drumming community - from beginners to professionals.
We believe we can make a difference and that difference begins with
our team members. Honesty, innovation, passion, education, and
excellence are important to us. We celebrate diverse musical
expression and creativity with our instruments, and value the same
diversity in our people.
We are hiring in our Oxnard, CA facility for a Setup CNC Machinist
working exclusively in our hardware department with 3+ years of
experience. We are looking for a self-starter with good
organizational skills and someone who strives for continual
improvement and a good attitude is a must!
This is a full time position with great benefits including Health,
Dental, Vision, Life, HSA, 401k w/ company match, Vacation Pay,
Sick Pay, Jury Duty Pay and more!
This position is responsible for setting up and operating a variety
of machines in our world class Machine Shop, the home of the DW
9000 Machine Direct Drive pedals. Using a variety of machines and
precise tools you will produce precision parts and instruments to
support the DW family of brands. This position may also fabricate
and modify parts for R&D prototypes all while applying
knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout,
and machining procedures.
Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must have manual machining experience, including milling, lathe
and general machine shop support equipment.
- Working knowledge of older Haas, Yasnac and Fanuc controlled
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Camworks is a plus.
- Must be willing to load parts and run jobs start to finish as
- Reads and interprets electronic or written blueprints
- Uses gauges and measuring instruments to meet tolerance
- Uses precision tools, machinery and equipment such as lathe,
CNC and manual milling machine, drill press, hydraulic press to
produce metal parts.
- Fabricates and shapes parts such as tools and machine parts out
of metal, or other like materials.
- Properly and safely selects, aligns, secures and removes
holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and
materials onto machines
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks
on machinery and equipment
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies to perform the essential functions of
- Quality Control-the individual demonstrates accuracy and
thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Written and Verbal Communication-the individual is able to
read, write and speak in English, accurately write occasional
emails/reports, interpret documents such as safety rules, operating
instructions and procedure manuals. The individual demonstrates the
ability the listen and articulate ideas.
- Dependability-the individual is consistently at work and on
time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and
solicits feedback to improve performance, deadline
- Mathematical Skills-the individual is able to add, subtract,
divide in all units of measurement. The ability to compute rate,
ratio and percentages is very important.
- Safety and security-the individual actively promotes and
personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses
equipment and materials properly.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associates Degree, or GED & Trade School
- 3-5 years machine operating experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to communicate with others effectively in both written and
- 1-3 years of experience in CNC programming and processing
We participate in the E-Verify program
Keywords: DRUM WORKSHOP INC, Oxnard , CNC Machinist, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!