RN I - Telemetry 3N New Grad Cohort
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: May 15, 2022
St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California
is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of
America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St.
John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California
Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest
not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an
integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from
the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient
services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help
meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse
I is a novice practitioner who carries out routine patient care
assignments, works in controlled patient situations, and performs
established nursing procedures for individuals or groups.
RN New Grad / RN Residency Program - Spring 2022
Dignity Health St. John's Hospitals
This New Graduate RN Residency features a challenging program
blending classroom didactics with clinical experience and unit
socialization. We support our residents with a one-on-one clinical
preceptorship program as well as a mentor program using experienced
RNs, and additional debriefing sessions.
Positions are limited and early application is encouraged. Only
application packets that are complete will be considered for the
prescreening and interview process. To initiate the application
process, please complete the online job application and submit the
* Current resume
* Specialty/Unit Preference (page 2 of this packet)
* Two (2) Letters of Reference from a clinical instructor and a
current employer (if applicable). Please do not include more than 2
references. Letters of reference must be signed and on
* College transcripts from nursing course work (non-official is
sufficient). Note if you have a degree in progress (e.g. RN to BSN)
please include transcripts from that as well.
* Letter of Intent to include the following (maximum of 2 pages,
double spaced. APA format not necessary):
* What influenced you to pursue a career in Nursing?
* Explain why you are interested in the RN Residency Program at St.
* Explain why you are interested in the top unit or specialty field
that you selected.
* Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years?
Please Note: Required documents must be uploaded as attachments
within your online application. If you are selected for an
interview, you will be required to bring the original documents
with you to the interview. Again, all necessary requirements must
be met before the applicant will be considered for an interview.
Only those applications submitted electronically will be
After we have reviewed your application materials, you will be
notified as to whether you have been selected to participate in a
Dignity Health formal interview process. We do read every
application we receive, so please be patient with us. Notifications
for interviews will start beginning April 2022. All notifications
are done online, through the Dignity Health Careers portal.
* Registered Nurse Graduate with no experience and/or 6 months to
one (1) year of work experience.
* Current California Registered Nurse license.
* Current CPR certification
* Current ACLS certification
* Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
* Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of
patient care delivery.
* Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
* Demonstrates knowledge of the Nursing Process and the ability to
apply these principles appropriately.
* Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
* Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
* Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active listening skills.
* Ability and willingness to actively participate in Unit
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
* Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies. Excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others across all
* Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through
people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions, conflict
management problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Common Spirit, Oxnard , RN I - Telemetry 3N New Grad Cohort, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!