Family Partner: Child and Family Wrap/FURS Program
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:The Family Partner must have personal experience
raising a child who has received services. These services can
include Special Education, Mental Health Services, Human Services
such as CPS or Child Welfare, Juvenile Justice or Probation. As a
Family Partner, you have the ability to draw on your own relevant
experiences to support families in overcoming the challenges they
The Family Partner provides peer support to family members that
engage with Wraparound and the Family Urgent Response System. The
Parent Partner will perform a wide range of activities to support,
advocate for, and empower parents and other caregivers.
Seneca has been a leading Wraparound provider in California for
more than 21 years since establishing one of the first Wraparound
programs in the state in 1997. Seneca partners with behavioral
health, child welfare, and juvenile justice departments across
California, implementing its Wraparound model focused on enhancing
youth safety, permanency, and wellbeing. The Family Urgent Response
System (FURS) is intended to help increase foster placement
stability by providing on-demand support for foster youth and
caregivers when challenging situations arise. Click here to learn
more about how FURS is making a difference for youth and
families!Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing
traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding
mental health, community based, and educational services. We are
committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages
people of color to apply. Our programs are deeply engaged in
conversations and trainings on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in
order to bring equity and justice to the youth and families we
- Provide non-judgmental, unconditional support to children and
families participating in the Seneca Programs.
- Act as a member of the Family Team, designated as the
individual support person to the parent or identified family
- Participate in coordinating and providing transportation for
school, therapy, court hearings, or other pertinent treatment
- Work in coordination with the birth/foster parents (or primary
caregiver), team members, and community members to participate in
all functions of the Child and Family Team
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation and paperwork.
- Commit to and engage in self-evaluation as well as
organizational efforts goals, strategies, and systemic practices
regarding diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Provide on-call coverage to the clients as
- Must have personal experience raising a child who has received
services (Special Education, Social Services, Probation, Mental
- Bilingual abilities (Spanish/English) a plus.
- High school diploma/GED or higher; an Associate or Bachelor's
degree a plus.
- Experience working with families.
- Own a vehicle, California driver's license, and auto
- Clear TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory
State/Federal licensing or certification requirements.
- Ability to work as a team player and with a diverse
- Must show proof of COVID-19, fully vaccinated and
- Must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings
and weekend days
- Must be part of a rotating emergency on-call systemBenefits:
- Starting at $18.25 per hour.
- Additional compensation provided upon passing bilingual
- Annual performance evaluations provide the potential for a
generous salary increase each year.
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid
premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
- 4 weeks of flexible paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
- We provide a 403b retirement plan.
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Oxnard , Family Partner: Child and Family Wrap/FURS Program, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!