Posted on: October 15, 2021
Large cosmetic manufacturer in Oxnard, CA. is seeking a PLC
Programmer who will design electrical schematics as well as
software applications for automated assembly machinery. This
position will the support the company's key results with equipment
safety, cost reduction through automation, and advanced
- Review PLC project requirements and specifications to meet
functionality and design needs
- Read and interpret electrical schematics and blueprints. Create
electrical schematics and specify components
- Perform data analysis and computation using spreadsheets.
Analyze data and present as part of decision logic
- Code and develop PLC programs for safety and for optimized
- Set up and test manufacturing equipment under power; root cause
and debug. Operate, and shut down equipment in accordance with
company safety procedures and OSHA LOTO regulations for equipment
- Assist in the production startup and qualification of automated
- Verify and validate work to ensure completed project meets
expected specifications and results
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures considering both
immediate corrective actions as well as future preventative
- Work to develop equipment improvement opportunities; provide
actionable suggestions to potential cost-saving or quality
- Appropriately comment and document code to enable future
retrieval and conduct code reviews
- Support and continuously improve PLC programs for optimized
- Education: Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a related
- 5 years in roles working on equipment of comparable design and
- Knowledge and compliance with safety protocols. Knowledge and
adherence to OSHA and CALOSHA guidelines.
- Safety circuit design and validation
- Single and three phase circuit design experience (120VAC,
240VAC, 24VDC). Power and sensing.
- Must have excellent blueprint and electrical, controls,
schematic/ladder logic comprehension skills. PID control. Ability
to specify electrical components.
- Fundamental understanding of automated indexing equipment and
motion control technology for material handling. Understanding of
sensors, timers, stepper motors.
- PLC/HMI programming skills.
Keywords: SelectStaffing, Oxnard , PLC Programmer, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!