RN III - Surgery Open Heart
Company: St Johns Regional Medical Center
Posted on: June 2, 2021
St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard,
California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and
as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by
Healthgrades. St. John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's
Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit
Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the
nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals,
with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and
comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality,
safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active
philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs
of our communities. Learn more at.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical
Nurse III (CNIII) in OR is an RN with advanced skills who is an
expert in surgical nursing care and is also capable of
directing/coaching other OR staff in the daily operations of the
unit. The CNIII facilitates the smooth operation of the nursing
unit, acts as a mentor, preceptor, and resource for the Clinical
Nurse I and II, as well as other staff members and provides
advanced consultation to other units and hospital staff regarding
complex surgical patient care problems.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is
covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective
KEY WORDS: RN, REGISTERED NURSE, SURGERY, OR, PERIOPERATIVE,
- Current California RN license (RN)
- Current CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Current ACLS certification (CT ACLS)
- Current PALS certification (CT PALS)
- Three (3) to five (5) years circulating experience in
Perioperative setting in multiple service-lines.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of
patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates proficient advanced nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates a caring compassionate attitude toward
- Ability to model the leadership role for the patient care
- Demonstrates skills in appropriately delegating patient care
tasks to other team members.
- Extensive knowledge of CQI techniques and the ability apply
these techniques in patient care.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and utilization of CQI
techniques in patient care improvement projects.
- Demonstrates ability to chair and actively participates in unit
leadership teams, task forces or committees.
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear and effective written and oral English
language skills and objective active listening skills.
- Knowledge of the concepts of Change Theory and the ability to
identify the need for change and as well as the ability to apply
- Ability to act as a role model and resource for all patient
care team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and
through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions,
conflict management and problem-solving skills.
Keywords: St Johns Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , RN III - Surgery Open Heart, Other , OXNARD, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!