RN III - Surgery Open Heart
Company: Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Welcome to St. Johns Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness.
Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of
Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed
facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a
medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed
acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs
and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care,
orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment,
community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to
lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of
the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between
Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular
beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to
California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering
humankindness, one person at time.
Dignity Health Central Coast is comprised of five hospitals, all
recognized for their quality of care, safety and service, primary
care offices, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically
advanced imaging centers, outpatient services and comprehensive
home health services. Hospitals in the Dignity Health Central Coast
region include Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande,
French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, Marian Regional
Medical Center in Santa Maria, St. Johns Pleasant Valley Hospital
in Camarillo and St. Johns Regional Medical Center in Oxnard. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to
provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as
well as to advance the communitys access to health care.For more
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse
III (CNIII) in OR is an RN with advanced skills who is an expert in
surgical nursing care and is also capable of directing/coaching
other OR staff in the daily operations of the unit. The CNIII
facilitates the smooth operation of the nursing unit,acts as a
mentor, preceptor, and resource for the Clinical Nurse I and II, as
well as other staff members andprovides advanced consultation to
other units and hospital staff regarding complex surgical patient
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is
covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective
KEY WORDS: RN, REGISTERED NURSE, SURGERY, OR, PERIOPERATIVE,
- Current California RN license (RN)
- Current CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Current ACLS certification(CT ACLS)
- Current PALS certification (CT PALS)
- Three (3) to five (5) years circulating experience in
Perioperative setting in multiple service-lines.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of
patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates proficient advanced nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates a caring compassionate attitude toward
- Ability to model the leadership role for the patient care
- Demonstrates skills in appropriately delegating patient care
tasks to other team members.
- Extensive knowledge of CQI techniques and the ability apply
these techniques in patient care.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and utilization of CQI
techniques in patient care improvement projects.
- Demonstrates ability to chair and actively participates in unit
leadership teams, task forces or committees.
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear and effective written and oral English
language skills and objective active listening skills.
- Knowledge of the concepts of Change Theory and the ability to
identify the need for change and as well as the ability to apply
- Ability to act as a role model and resource for all patient
care team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and
through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions,
conflict management and problem-solving skills.
Keywords: Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Oxnard , RN III - Surgery Open Heart, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!