RN Coordinator Clinical Education - Perinatal
Company: Dignity Health
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Welcome to St. John's Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness.
Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of
Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed
facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a
medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed
acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs
and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care,
orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment,
community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us
to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of
the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between
Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular
beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to
California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering
humankindness, one person at time.
About this position: In keeping with the Dignity Health core
values, the Clinical Education Coordinator assess, plans,
implements, evaluates and coordinates education and training
programs for a variety of clinical and support staff and provides
clinical, educational, and performance improvement leadership for
personnel involved in the care of patients.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is
covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective
- A minimum of 2, preferably 5 years experience as a nurse
educator with an emphasis on adult learning. Nurse preceptor
experience, in addition to nurse educator experience, may be
- (MSN) Master of Science, Nursing
- Registered Nurse and BLS Certification required.
- Instructor certification required within 3 months of employment
applicable to clinical specialized area. May include BLS, ACLS, and
PALS, NRP, Trauma Core or TNCC
- Dependent on specialty assigned.
- Possess advanced clinical nursing knowledge in area of
specialty and application to patient and family centered care
Demonstrates knowledge of adult teaching principles & application
to adult learners.
- Collaborates with other members of the leadership team to
oversee the planning, implementation, and evaluation of clinical
nursing care provided to patients within the applicable clinical
- Teaches, coaches, supports and evaluates patient care personnel
as appropriate in collaboration with other members of the
department leadership team.
- Oversees development of clinical policies, procedures,
protocols and performance standards.
- Promotes continuity of care by working collaboratively with the
interdisciplinary patient care team, the patient, patient?s family
and significant others as appropriate to improve patient care
outcomes and maximize resource utilization.
- Serves as a positive, inspirational clinical expert/role model
for all members of the healthcare team.
- Promotes the practical use of scientific data and
- Ability to effectively develop, coordinate and instruct live or
Internet classes based on data analysis, needs assessment and
nursing standards of care determined by Dignity Health best
practices, regulatory agencies, standard in the community and
national nursing specialty organizations.
- Develops and utilizes instructional media specific to a
training program and individualized, adult learning styles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Possesses initiative and the ability to work independently
- Continually updates knowledge base to stay current on the
latest medical & nursing practice Plans and participates in team
and multidisciplinary conferences, unit orientation and in-service
education programs to increase staff competency Ability to promote
standards of nursing practice by using them as a framework for
curriculum & instructional design.
- Periodically collaborates with HR Director to plan and
implement labor relations trainings and strategies.
- Initiates and implements cost savings measures in assessment,
planning and implementation of education programs.
- Demonstrates ability to conduct and collect data for
research-based instruction and change in nursing practice.
- Creates, implements and supports patient satisfaction programs
to develop staff education program in caring behaviors for patients
- Serves as a Liaison to local Junior colleges and
university-based Nursing program Creates, implements, owns a
patient or staff education program/materials/projects.
- Serves as a change agent; uses principles of change, the chain
of command and other appropriate communication channels to effect
positive patient care and service outcomes.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee, and hospital
- Serves as a departmental resource regarding the legal
consequences of nursing actions and boundaries of the Nurse
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Oxnard , RN Coordinator Clinical Education - Perinatal, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!