Full Time LVN- Oxnard, CA VA Outpatient Clinic
Company: STG International
Posted on: May 3, 2021
STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Licensed
practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse to provide services at
our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the
Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse is to provide a
wide variety of clinical and administrative nursing care under the
direction of the CBOC Clinic Manager, PACT Provider and STGi
Provide health educational, materials and resources to patients and
their families for informational purposes.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Pharmacology and medication
administration techniques per facility protocols, and state
regulations, as prescribe by PACT Provider.
- Work with the PACT team to check-in/check-out patients.
- Participate in all staff meeting and PACT huddles.
- Observe patients and report adverse reactions to medications,
treatment or physical/mental condition.
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and assist during
respiratory and cardiac arrest procedures.
- Perform a range of nursing procedures, including dressing
changes, suture removal, oxygen administration, wound irrigation,
catheterization, injection administration and venipunctures.
- Prepare patients for laboratory procedures and examinations by
providing information and instructions, while assisting the Primary
Care Provider and RN Care Manager upon request.
- Set up and operate therapeutic and emergency equipment,
including monitor, EKG, oxygen, automatic electronic defibrillator
(AED), and portable suction.
- Maintain universal precautions and infection control
- Assist support staff as needed.
- Document all pertinent patient information in their medical
records and VISTA to demonstrate quality care delivery and promote
continuity of care.
- Assist in maintaining the VISTA (Veteran Health Information
Systems and Technology Architecture) clinic reminder tracking
system current for each enrolled patient.
- Document all pertinent information and completes the VISTA
Clinical Reminder Program as outlined by the site-specific VAMC for
compliance of the Directors Performance Measures.
- Assist in scheduling patients for initial and follow up
appointments in accordance to the VA access standards and the
patient's medical necessity.
- Assure patients' are informed regarding their plan of care,
including lab and diagnostic test results as needed.
- Participate in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program
between HNFS, its Subcontractor(s), and the VAMC.
- Assist in ensuring that all required reports are completed in
an accurate and complete fashion.
- Assist the CBOC Clinic Manager (either PA/NP or RN Care
Manager) in maintaining the clinic compliant with all federal,
state, local, JCAHO, OSHA, Veteran Affairs, STG VA Program and
Subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and
- Assist the RN Care Manager in ensuring all patient information
on access/wait time documentation is complete and accurate.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and support
patients' privacy, rights, and safety.
- Applies the basic concepts of customer service techniques,
cultural diversity and age-specific characteristics.
- Document patient reminders, clinical reminders, clinical
interaction and closes encounters, answering questions, and perform
other duties as needed to ensure a beneficial visit, online
activity and/ or training and support of the PACT team.
- Make follow up visits.
- Provide general clerical/administrative support coordination
work for the unit.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years of current clinical experience working
in a similar environment. Outpatient clinical and/or other hospital
experience preferred (Medical-Surgical, Intensive Care Unit,
Emergency Room, or other hospital experience preferred).
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures and complex methods
for coordinating and scheduling clinical care.
- Thorough knowledge of the variations in anatomy.
- Knowledge and ability to apply the practical nursing
principles, procedures and techniques.
- Ability to assess patient condition, recognizes adverse signs
and symptoms, and reacts swiftly in emergency situations.
- Ability to follow orders and works under close supervision,
while demonstrating initiative and independence.
- Ability to provide, as directed by the provider, individualized
and group counseling, guidance, and health instruction with the
focus on disease prevention and health maintenance.
- Ability to provide educational material to patients and/or
families regarding proper home health care activities, such as
giving injections, taking blood pressures, changing wound
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment,
including desired effects, side effects, complications, and patient
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of customer service technique
related to age-specific population.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with
proper telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of specialized terminology associated with the work
in the facility and in-depth knowledge of the terminology used in
Primary Care Practice.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, Electronic Medical
Records and computer maneuverability.
- Must have exceptional diplomatic communication skills and
experience in handling difficult customer situations.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- LPN from an accredited nursing school.
- Current and unrestricted nursing license in the state in which
the LPN/LVN practices.
- Retain current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/ Basic Life
Support (BLS) from AHA or MTN
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight
objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than
four (4) hours per day.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within the clinic,
where a fast walk or job may be necessary to provide
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company
providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and
management consulting services and human capital solutions help our
clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and
enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package
which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and
a generous PTO policy.
Keywords: STG International, Oxnard , Full Time LVN- Oxnard, CA VA Outpatient Clinic, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!