The*Electrical Technician (E-2C/D)*installs, inspects, tests,
adjusts, or repairs electrical equipment, such as navigation, vapor
cycle cooling, engine / propeller systems, landing gear, compass
and instrumentation systems in assigned aircraft. Performs tasks
independently with little or no supervision.
* Performs operational checks, bench checks, troubleshoots, and
isolates malfunctions in complex aircraft avionics equipment.
* Uses complex test equipment such as continuous wave and pulse
generators, time domain reflectometers, multi-trace oscilloscopes,
frequency counters, multi-meters and deviation meters, and
specialized test equipment to perform operational checks.
* Repairs or replaces components based on test results following
blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical
* Performs calibration, repair and replacement of system
components based on test results following blueprints, schematics,
handbooks, and other technical documents.
* Practices good housekeeping, tool control, FOD
awareness/prevention, and safety at all times.
* Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft records and is
knowledgeable in CAMS documentation. Must obtain all certifications
required to perform the job requirements.
* Performs other duties as requested.
*Knowledge & Skills*
* In-depth knowledge of advanced electronic principles and
* Ability to trace signal flow, understand interrelationships of
circuits, interpret waveforms and voltages.
* Working knowledge of aircraft electrical equipment, such as
navigation, vapor cycle cooling, engine / propeller systems,
landing gear, compass and instrumentation systems.
* Ability to interpret schematic diagrams, engineering drawings
and charts of assigned systems.
* Excellent soldering and harness/wiring skills, PC board,
surface mount and crimping experience.
* Working knowledge of all standard test equipment and
* Working knowledge of technical orders and maintenance
* Shall possess or can qualify for a U.S. states driver
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a flight line driver's
* Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
* Ability to pass a Secret Security Background Check.
* Working knowledge of technical publications, CNAFINST 4790.2
Series and NALCOMIS aircraft maintenance applications.
*Experience & Education*
* High School degree or equivalent required.
* Specialized courses in electronic theory aircraft avionics,
com/nav systems, or instrument systems.
* Minimum of three years recent experience in the last 5 years
at the "Organizational Level" in the repair of aircraft electrical
equipment, such as navigation, vapor cycle cooling, engine /
propeller systems, landing gear, compass and instrumentation
systems of assigned aircraft.
*Physical Requirements/Working Environment*
* May work in aircraft maintenance hangar or outside.
* May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational
circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary
* Must have normal color vision and depth perception.
* May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine
* May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed
to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts,
vehicles, or aircraft.
* Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined
surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work
* Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use
finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below
* May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by
**Job:** **Aviation / Support*
**Title:** *Electrical Technician (E-2 C/D) Sign-on Bonus
**Location:** *UNITED STATES-CALIFORNIA-POINT MUGU*
**Requisition ID:** *2101076*
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for
qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law.
The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known
physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and
applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue
hardship on the company's operations. Applicants who need a
reasonable accommodation during the employment application process
should contact 817-224-7459. Please note that only those inquiries
concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this