Senior Pharmacist Infusion Services
Company: Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Welcome to St. Johns Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness.
Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of
Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed
facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a
medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed
acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs
and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care,
orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment,
community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to
lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of
the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between
Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular
beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to
California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering
humankindness, one person at time.
About this position:
In keeping with the Dignity Health, Central Coast health care
philosophy, the Infusion Senior Pharmacist is responsible for
procuring, manufacturing, compounding, dispensing, distributing,
storing and administration of drugs, biological, and chemicals
according to standard practices of the professional, State and
Federal laws and regulations, and departmental policies and
procedures. Responsible for provision of drug information to other
health professionals, patients and their families, and the public.
Functions as a staff pharmacist and acts as the Pharmacy Manager in
the absence of the Manager. Is responsible for the overall
Purchasing of pharmaceuticals on a day to day basis. The Infusion
Senior Pharmacist will supervise and instruct pharmacists and
technicians when needed, and will be consulted by the Manager when
pharmacy staff performance evaluations are prepared. Under the
supervision of the Pharmacy Manager, is responsible for the total
operation of the pharmacy in the absence of the Manager.
Essentially operates as a staff pharmacist with the additional
responsibility of the entire purchasing of all pharmaceuticals for
the Department. Responsible for staff functions when working an
operational shift. Directly responsible to the Pharmacy
- One (1) year previous hospital pharmacy or infusion center
- Previous oncology pharmacy experience preferred or approved
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy is required.
- Training in 340B Drug Program compliance.
- Current CA Registered Pharmacist license required.
- Ability to exercise sound and professional judgment in the
performance of the job functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing,
with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze complex tasks, systems, problems, and design
and implement the most effective solution.
- Ability to work tactfully and effectively with team members,
the patient and their family, and the public.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practices, principles, methods
and equipment utilized in providing pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Pharm.D. preferred
- ASHP accredited hospital, oncology or infusion residency
- Board Certified Oncology Pharmacist (BCOP) preferred.
- Retail pharmacy experience preferred.
Keywords: Saint Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Oxnard , Senior Pharmacist Infusion Services, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!