Company: First American Financial Corp.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
Employment Category: Full Time - Regular Join our team! First
American's Direct division provides comprehensive title insurance
protection and professional settlement services for real estate
purchases, refinances and equity loans. As a global leader in
providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions
for real estate transactions, First American (NYSE: FAF) is an
ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with
helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of
homeownership since 1889. We believe that our people are the key to
the company's continued success, and we invest in diverse talents
and backgrounds and empower our teams to achieve more than they
could anywhere else. First American has created an award-winning
culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For-- list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50
regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, please
visit www.careers.firstam.com Job Summary Essential Functions
- Completes real estate escrow transactions by determining
requirements; clearing titles; assembling, preparing, and reviewing
closing documents; disbursing funds.
- Determines closing requirements by studying and clarifying
buyer, seller, and lender instructions.
- Orders title reports for issuing title insurance, resolving
title defects; satisfying existing liens and encumbrances against
property or principals.
- Prepares transaction documents by completing forms and
statements; collecting and reviewing existing documents.
- Completes calculations by prorating taxes and interest.
- Completes closing transaction documents by assembling
documents; reviewing papers with parties; explaining provisions and
procedures; answering questions; checking documents for
completeness and accuracy; obtaining signatures.
- Completes closing by recording and filing documents; preparing
and distributing final closing statements and title. Prepares
settlement statement by utilizing lender instructions.
- Closes escrow account by balancing and disbursing funds.
- Complies with regulatory requirements and company policy by
adhering, and enforcing adherence, to requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real
estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers Typical Education
- High School diploma or equivalent Typical Range of Experience
- 2-4 years related experience
- Experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow
assistant preferable License or Certification
- Valid Licensing/Certification as required by applicable state
First American invests in its employees' development and
well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and
encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work.
First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an
equal opportunity employer. Returning users, access your profile or
edit/update your resume. First American Title Insurance Company
makes no express or implied warranty respecting the information
presented and assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions.
First American, the eagle logo, firstam.com, and First American
Title are registered trademarks or trademarks of First American
Financial Corporation and/or its affiliates.
Keywords: First American Financial Corp., Oxnard , Escrow Officer, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!