Crisis Stabilization Unit Supervisor
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: August 30, 2020
OverviewSeneca's Ventura County Crisis Services program offers a
spectrum of behavioral health care crisis services to support youth
and their families. These services provide safe refuge for young
people who have experienced profound mental health needs including
psychiatric evaluation or hospitalization. Services include crisis
stabilization and short-term acute residential treatment, as well
as transition and planning services to return youth to a setting in
the community with stability.
The Crisis Stabilization Unit Supervisor works closely with the
Management Team to ensure a fully-staffed, effective team of crisis
counselors and relief staff. The Unit Supervisor consistently
maintains an administrative presence on the unit overseeing all
services and supporting the staff. The Unit Supervisor creatively
implements ideas to engage youth and families. The role is
multifaceted with clinical, supervisory, and facility duties. Given
the dynamic environment of a crisis stabilization unit, the Unit
Supervisor to maintains composure while managing, redirecting and
de-escalating stressful situations.
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally
marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health,
community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity
and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity,
innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI
Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice
Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically
relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on
our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative,click
- Assist in clinical coordination of Crisis Stabilization Unit,
oversight of treatment plan implementation and coordination of care
with milieu counselors and medical staff.
- Supervision of assigned mental health counselors on a weekly
- Works closely with Crisis Clinician; collaborating on daily
curriculum, development of behavior plans, treatment progress and
- Case management including referrals to community partners and
local support groups, collaborating with outpatient therapists,
school staff and caregivers.
- Complete staff observations in order to provide consultation
and support to direct care staff.
- Facilitates intakes of youth in crisis, providing support to
their families while establishing good rapport with youth.
- Ensures a safe, clean, structured, and orderly unit where
therapeutic programming can be implemented.
- Coordinates of daily staffing patterns and facilitates
on-boarding and training of new direct care staff.
- Assists in quality assurance activities
- Ensures MediCal billing productivity for the team and accurate
- Oversees daily milieu management including supply and food
ordering, transportation needs, incident reports and maintenance
- Available for direct care coverage as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- ASW, AMFT, LPCC, LMFT, LCSW preferred.
- Spanish/English bilingual abilities a plus!
- Prior knowledge of MediCal billing required.
- Experience working with youth in mental health setting
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Valid California driver's license with a clean driving record
and be insurable by Seneca's insurance policy.
- Clearance of TB test, physical exam, fingerprints and any other
mandatory State/Federal requirements.
- Tuesday - Saturday, 1pm - 9pm
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially
paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
- 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Oxnard , Crisis Stabilization Unit Supervisor, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!