Residential Unit Supervisor
Company: Seneca Family of Agencies
Posted on: February 9, 2020
OverviewSeneca's Ventura County Crisis Services program offers a
spectrum of behavioral health care crisis services to support youth
and their families. These services provide safe refuge for young
people who have experienced profound mental health needs including
psychiatric evaluation or hospitalization. Services include crisis
stabilization and short-term acute residential treatment, as well
as transition and planning services to return youth to a setting in
the community with stability.
The Unit Supervisor works closely with the Management Team to
ensure a fully-staffed, effective team of crisis counselors and
relief staff. The Unit Supervisor consistently maintains an
administrative presence on the unit overseeing all services and
supporting the staff. The Unit Supervisor creatively implements
ideas to engage youth and families. The role is multifaceted with
clinical, supervisory, and facility duties. Given the dynamic
environment of a residential facility, the Unit Supervisor to
maintains composure while managing, redirecting and de-escalating
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally
marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health,
community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity
and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity,
innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca's agency-wide DEI
Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice
Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically
relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on
our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click
- Assist in clinical coordination of Crisis Residential
Adolescent Milieu including group facilitation, oversight of
treatment plan implementation and coordination of care with milieu
counselors and medical staff.
- Supervision of assigned mental health counselors on a weekly
- Works closely with Crisis Clinician; collaborating on daily
curriculum, development of behavior plans, treatment progress and
- Case management including referrals to community partners and
local support groups, collaborating with outpatient therapists,
school staff and caregivers.
- Complete staff observations in order to provide consultation
and support to direct care staff.
- Facilitates intakes of youth in crisis, providing support to
their families while establishing good rapport with youth.
- Assists program administration in oversight of the program's
physical environment to ensure it meets quality and licensing
standards at all times. Ensures a safe, clean, structured, and
orderly unit where therapeutic programming can be
- Coordinates of daily staffing patterns and facilitates
on-boarding and training of new direct care staff.
- Participates in weekly managers meeting and treatment team
- Assists in quality assurance activities
- Ensures MediCal billing productivity for the team and accurate
- Oversees daily milieu management including supply and food
ordering, transportation needs, incident reports and maintenance
- Monitors overtime and approves timecards.
- Available for direct care coverage as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- ASW, AMFT, LPCC, LMFT, LCSW preferred.
- Spanish/English bilingual abilities a plus!
- Valid California driver's license with a clean driving record
and be insurable by Seneca's insurance policy.
- Clearance of TB test, physical exam, fingerprints and any other
mandatory State/Federal requirements.
- Prior knowledge of MediCal billing required.
- Ability to work as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working with youth in mental health setting,
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Sundays and Wednesdays 9am - 5pm
- Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays 11:30am - 7:30pm
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical,
dental, vision, and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially
paid premiums for dependents.
- Employer-paid Employee Assistance Plan
- Scholarship opportunities, ongoing training, and professional
- 5 weeks of flexible Paid Time Off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
Keywords: Seneca Family of Agencies, Oxnard , Residential Unit Supervisor, Other , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!