RN I - New Grad Cohort Flexible Staffing Pool Telemetry
Company: St Johns Regional Medical Center
Posted on: April 6, 2021
Welcome to St. John's Regional Medical Center. At Dignity Health,
we believe in the healing power of kindness. Since 1912, we have
been giving something forward to the people of Oxnard, California.
St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed facility employing
more than 1,200 caring professionals and a medical staff of more
than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed acute rehabilitation
center, and provide a wide array of programs and services that
include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care, orthopedic,
weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment, community outreach
and more. Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world
compels us to lead with our hearts as we serve the community of
Oxnard. One of the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is
nestled between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents
spectacular beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy
access to California wine country. We invite you to join us in
delivering humankindness, one person at time.#RN-DH
Responsibilities In keeping with the Dignity Health core values,
the Clinical Nurse I is a novice practitioner who carries out
routine patient care assignments, works in controlled patient
situations, and performs established nursing procedures for
individuals or groups. Must successfully complete orientation in
the Telemetry Units within 10 weeks of hire. Expected to complete
Medical-Surgical training within 4 weeks following the Telemetry
training, for a total of 14 weeks of orientation. At the end of 14
weeks must demonstrate competency in two (2) core areas: Telemetry
and Medical-Surgical (which includes Pediatrics and Rehab).
Assigned to different areas according to staffing and patient
acuity needs. Assignment can change during a specific shift at St.
Johns Regional or Pleasant Valley. After one year may be required
to become Pediatric, Chemotherapy or Rehab Nurse Certified.
- Registered Nurse graduate with no experience or six (6) months
to one (1) year of work experience.
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current ACLS and BLS certifications.
- Previous experience as a C.N.A., L.V.N. or E.M.T
- BSN Degree
- Certifications in E.K.G. Basic Arrhythmias and/or PALS is a
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of
patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Nursing Process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in Unit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and
through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions,
conflict management problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English.
Associated topics: domiciliary, intensive, intensive care,
neonatal, nurse, psychiatric, registered nurse, surgical, tcu,
Keywords: St Johns Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , RN I - New Grad Cohort Flexible Staffing Pool Telemetry, Human Resources , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!