Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Nights
Company: Covenant Care
Posted on: September 7, 2018
Job Locations US-CA-Oxnard
Posted Date 15 hours ago(15 hours ago)
Job ID 2018-11005
Facility Shoreline Care Center
Do you enjoy serving residents and cultivating relationships with patients and their families?
Do you take pride in knowing you are providing top quality care to your patients?
Do you want to work at an organization that values treating all people with dignity and respect?
SHORELINE CARE CENTER in OXNARD, CA is looking for an experienced Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to be part of their team.
If you answered 'yes' to the questions above we want to meet with you today! We are Families serving Families and our nurses are a valued piece of that vision.
The Position Basics:
This position is to work on a FULL TIME basis on the NIGHTS shift. The hours for that shift are 11:00pm - 7:00am.
Our Covenant Care employees approach each day with our philosophy that 'We Are Family Serving Families'. This simple statement embodies our culture and surrounds all that we do from daily interactions with our patients to how we treat our patients, families and co-workers.
Covenant Care was founded in 1994 by healthcare industry professionals who wanted to create a company that would exceed customer expectations through quality care. Since then, our 'Family' has grown to include over 8,000 healthcare professionals in over 57 healthcare and rehabilitation centers. We care for over 4,000 residents and patients in our facilities, which are located in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nebraska, Nevada, and Ohio. We take pride in the fact that we have sent over 8,000 patients home or to a more independent-living care setting over the last year.
What We're Looking For:
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing care of assigned residents under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The LVN contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through techniques that support and achieve positive outcomes in patient care.
KEY JOB FUNCTION:
Provides accurate assessment, over-sight, and monitoring of Patients for quality medical management and early detection of changes in condition.
Responds promptly to evaluate and remedy Patient concerns and complaints; manages and documents accordingly.
Utilizes professional standards in performing basic assessment and clinical monitoring in accordance with scope of licensure.
Recognizes AND appropriately responds to emergent and significant change in condition; completes documentation as required.
* Effectively communicates accurate assessment detail, medical history, advanced directives, and availability of onsite services to physicians.
* Encourages Patients to participate in prescribed therapies, dietary regimen, and activity programs, as appropriate.
* Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a LVN in the State in which you are employed.
* Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as law, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
* Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc., that are necessary for providing quality care.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's condition.
* Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the facility or department which may include a medical and physical examination.
Keywords: Covenant Care, Oxnard , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Nights, Healthcare , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!