RN I Telemetry 3N New Grad Cohort
Company: St Johns Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 19, 2023
St. John's Regional Medical Center located in Oxnard California is
a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of
America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St.
John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California
Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health the largest
not-for-profit health care system in the nation boasting an
integrated network of top quality hospitals with physicians from
the most prestigious medical schools and comprehensive outpatient
services - all recognized for quality safety and service. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help
meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse
I is a novice practitioner who carries out routine patient care
assignments, works in controlled patient situations, and performs
established nursing procedures for individuals or groups.
RN New Grad / RN Residency Program Dignity Health St. John's
Hospitals This New Graduate RN Residency features a challenging
program blending classroom didactics with clinical experience and
unit socialization. We support our residents with a one-on-one
clinical preceptorship program as well as a mentor program using
experienced RNs, and additional debriefing sessions. Positions are
limited and early application is encouraged. Only application
packets that are complete will be considered for the prescreening
and interview process. To initiate the application process, please
complete the online job application and submit the following
- Current resume
- Specialty/Unit Preference (page 2 of this packet)
- Two (2) Letters of Reference from a clinical instructor and a
current employer (if applicable). Please do not include more than 2
references. Letters of reference must be signed and on
- College transcripts from nursing course work (non-official is
sufficient). Note if you have a degree in progress (e.g. RN to BSN)
please include transcripts from that as well.
- Letter of Intent to include the following (maximum of 2 pages,
double spaced. APA format not necessary):
- What influenced you to pursue a career in Nursing?
- Explain why you are interested in the RN Residency Program at
St. John's Hospitals.
- Explain why you are interested in the top unit or specialty
field that you selected.
- Where would you like to see yourself in 5 years? Please Note:
Required documents must be uploaded as attachments within your
online application. If you are selected for an interview, you will
be required to bring the original documents with you to the
interview. Again, all necessary requirements must be met before the
applicant will be considered for an interview. Only those
applications submitted electronically will be considered. After we
have reviewed your application materials, you will be notified as
to whether you have been selected to participate in a Dignity
Health formal interview process. We do read every application we
receive, so please be patient with us. All notifications are done
online, through the Dignity Health Careers portal. Minimum
- Registered Nurse Graduate with no experience and/or 6 months to
one (1) year of work experience.
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS certification Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred. Special
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of
patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Nursing Process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active listening skills.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in Unit
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies. Excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others across all
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and
through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions,
conflict management problem-solving skills.
Keywords: St Johns Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , RN I Telemetry 3N New Grad Cohort, Healthcare , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!