Company: Akeso Occupational Health
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Job Summary: We are a well-established clinic looking for someone
who is comfortable working in a fast-paced occupational medicine
clinic that specializes in acute care and work-related injuries.
Tasks would include providing direct patient care, timely
documentation of patient encounters in the EMR, pre-employment
physicals, worker's compensation injuries and typical urgent care
complaints with proper referrals to specialists or Emergency Room
when needed. Excellent work life balance. No nights or
Benefits and Perks Competitive pay, advancement opportunities and
benefits. Our benefits include paid time off (vacation and sick),
health and dental insurance, 401K with match, CME time and expense,
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide and manage direct patient care, including physical
examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and
- Treat injuries and illnesses following Evidence Based Medicine
- Manage patients thoroughly and efficiently, maintaining a
continuous patient flow and avoiding long wait times.
- Order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and
laboratory tests; and interpret test results.
- Perform minor outpatient surgical procedures such as wound
closure and management, incision and drainage, foreign body
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with
prescribed therapeutic regimens. Communicates with patients
regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment
to the patient, company, as well as other clinical staff and
instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions if
- Review and manage daily tasks, patient callbacks, lab results
while on shift.
- Works with Clinic Medical Director to ensure operations and
quality of care are consistent with medical and professional
standards of care.
- Support. You will be a part of a team of a physician
assistant/nurse practitioner, on-site clinic medical director and
with ongoing support from operations, IT, and clinical staff.
-Qualifications and Skills
- Must be board certified.
- Must have and maintain a valid unrestricted medical license to
practice in the state of California.
- Have current DEA & BLS certifications.
- Have a positive and outgoing personality and be a collaborative
- Must have and maintain a controlled substance license along
with a DEA license with no restrictions
- 1 year of urgent care or emergency medicine experience desired
but not required.
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred, but training with
medical director is available.
Benefits and PerksCompetitive pay, advancement opportunities and
benefits.Our benefits include paid time off, health and dental
insurance, 401K with match, CME time and expense, malpractice
The base salary is determined on the candidate's education,
qualifications, and experience, and is subject to change based on
various internal and external factors.
Akeso is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to
diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Akeso Occupational Health, Oxnard , Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!