Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Hospice
Company: Mission Healthcare Services Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you looking for a workplace where you can make a difference
and feel supported? Mission Healthcare, a Family of Companies is a
culture-driven organization in the business of caring. As an
industry leader, our team delivers high-quality, personalized home
health, hospice, and palliative care services to over 5,000
patients daily. Our mission statement is to take care of people and
we take pride in putting our employee's first. We've been awarded
as a 2021 Top Workplace and we're proud of our 4.5-star Glassdoor
rating! Mission Healthcare Family of Companies includes Mission
Home Health, Mission Hospice, Moniker Hospice, Healthy Living at
Home, Tender Care, Sun Tree, Hands of Hope, Advanced Healthcare
Services, One Care and Compass at Home. We are a company that truly
invests in our people and what we do, and we never lose sign of the
impact we're making. If you are committed to making an impact on
the lives of others Mission Healthcare offers competitive benefits
to support your career, well-being, and future. ABOUT THE JOB
Service Line: Hospice Job Title/Position: Licensed
Practical/Vocational Nurse (LVN) Reports To: Branch Director
Position Objective The Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is
responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision
of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan
of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the
members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
Job Duties/Knowledge * Provides direct patient care as defined in
State Nurse Practice Act.
* Implements plan of care initiated by the clinician.
* Provides accurate and timely documentation consistent with the
plan of care.
* Assesses and provides patient and family/caregiver education and
information pertinent to diagnosis and plan of care.
* Participates in coordination of home health services,
appropriately reporting the identified needs for other disciplines
(HHA, OT, PT, MSW, ST, and Dietitian) to the clinician and/or
* Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently.
* Participates in personal and professional growth and
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must be supervised by RN monthly per agency policy.
Qualifications * Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or
vocational nursing program.
* Three years nursing experience preferred. Community/home health
or medical/surgical experience is preferred.
* Currently licensed as a licensed practical nurse or licensed
vocational nurse in the State.
* Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
* Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in
accordance with state and organization requirements and is in good
* Possess and maintains current BLS Hands On CPR Certification.
* Blood Draw and/or IV Certified.
* Travel - This is a traveling position. Must maintain a valid
driver's license, active auto insurance meeting state minimum
requirements and an operational vehicle. Why choose Mission
Healthcare? Passionate company culture Competitive Pay Paid
Holidays (Full time only) Accrued Vacation Time Accrual Sick Leave
Program Development & Continued Education Team Licensing Assistance
Team Support Electronic medical records & mobile devices Employee
Referral Program Comprehensive insurance plans for medical, dental,
and vision coverage (available the 1st day of month following date
of hire) 401(k) Plan Flex & Dependent Care Spending Accounts
Company Paid Life Insurance Supplemental Life, AD&D, Accident,
Critical Care & Cancer Insurance EOE - M/F/Disabled/Veterans -
Reasonable Accommodation It is our business philosophy and practice
to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state
and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or
Keywords: Mission Healthcare Services Inc, Oxnard , Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) - Hospice, Healthcare , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!