Nurse Manager Medical Surgical
Company: St Johns Regional Medical Center
Posted on: May 15, 2022
St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California
is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of
America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St.
John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California
Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest
not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an
integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from
the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient
services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help
meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Programs.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care,
pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
Position Summary:Manages the resources and daily activities of a
nursing department while ensuring environmental factors support
high standards of patient care. Assists in the training and
development of new and existing staff members. Creates and
maintains an environment that is conducive to learning transfer.
Coordinates the activities of the unit for each shift and directs,
organizes, and assigns work to the nursing staff. Provides patient
care as needed.Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Schedules nursing staff to specific shifts, taking into account
past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in
the training of new staff members and the development of existing
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular
shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient
care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or equivalent education and
experience. Magnet Hospital: BSN required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of nursing experience and one (1)
year of leadership experience.Licensure:
- Registered Nursing License (RN) in state of practice, Basic
Life Support (BLS), other credentials or credential modules may be
Keywords: St Johns Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , Nurse Manager Medical Surgical, Healthcare , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!