Registered Nurse Manager - Prototypes Oxnard
Company: HEALTHRIGHT 360
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job OverviewPrototypes Women's Center-Oxnard provides
detoxification and residential substance abuse treatment to women.
Our program is unique in that women can bring their children in.The
Nurse Manager supervises and manages nursing staff to ensure
provision of quality client care and effective team performance to
meet agency goals in accordance with HealthRIGHT 360's philosophy,
goals, policies, mission and vision. The Nursing Manager provides
clinical and general support to the Site Nurse Supervisors
including oversight of client care staff scheduling, outside agency
relations, and other tasks as assigned by the Associate Medical
Director/Medical Director, as well as other daily activities
essential to incorporating the agencies mission and values as a
part of our service delivery. The Nursing Manager collaborates and
liaisons with the Behavioral Health Program Directors, fosters
integration, and works with the leadership to ensure success for
all programs. May be required to work nights and weekends.Key
- Responsible for providing direct supervision, training, and
guidance to the site nursing staff
- Ensures all direct reports are in compliance with HR 360
policies, procedures and position expectations and performance
- Gives ongoing feedback and conducts formal performance
evaluations in a timely manner. Responsible for direct report
performance management including, performance improvement plans,
formal written warning notices
- Delivers and arranges trainings and resources required for
direct reports as well as nursing staff to perform their
- Provides coaching, support, and performance management to
direct reports to ensure productivity/client care expectations are
- Supports the site nursing staff in interviewing, selection,
hiring and terminations for positions within program.
- Maintains open communication with the Associate Medical
Director/Medical Director and BH Program Directors concerning
employee matters/needs and seeks consultation when needed.
- Responsible for scheduling and facilitating team meetings as
applicable to support client care and staff development.
- Supports site nursing staff to triage client's medical concerns
collaborating/coordinating with community medical partners.
- Supports the site nursing staff with Providing timely updates
and status reports to the Prototypes physician for clients
receiving withdrawal management, MAT and/or with co-occurring
mental disorders.Clinical Supervision Responsibilities:
- Responsible for clinical oversight of all nursing treatment
services provided by nursing staff within scope of practice.
- Responsible for ensuring that nursing staff provide strengths
based, trauma informed, and culturally competent services.
- Ensure charts meet quality management standards per monthly
utilization review and/or chart review process, including
completion of review tools within designated timeframe. meet intake
timelines with regard to T.B. testing, Health Questionnaire's and
the scheduling of intake physical exams, thorough review of
clinical documentation and providing co-signature as
- Responsible for all direct reports submitting documentation in
accordance with program requirements and in compliance with all
compliance and regulatory requirements and agency's policies and
procedures. This includes timeliness of documentation with progress
notes being completed no later than the following business day,
assessments, treatment plans, and discharges occur on time.
- Assumes ownership for any crisis situation as it relates to
service delivery and sees it through to completion. This may
include consultation, direct service, crisis intervention, ensuring
proper documentation, on-call duties, and LPS responsibilities as
- Facilitates and assists with client case conferences as
- Ensures that team communicates and collaborative with all
members of the behavioral health team including medical, mental
health, psychiatry, substance abuse staff and others.Administrative
- Responsible for ensuring that all treatment service plans and
activities are executed in keeping with the organization's values,
mission, vision and strategy.
- In collaboration with management, develops and maintains good
relations with contractors and other collaborators to ensure
program continuation within assigned program.
- In collaboration with management and program leadership,
responsible for ensuring compliance with all programmatic or
project contractual requirements.
- Ensures nursing staff remain in compliance with policies and
procedures as it relates to day to day program operations in
collaboration with the Managers, QI and EHR staff.
- In collaboration with management and program leadership,
responsible for direct report's and team's performance. Team
performance includes contract utilization and the quality of
services provided by the team.
- Consults and collaborates with the Associate Medical
Director/Medical Director concerning client assignment and workload
distribution across the team.
- Ensure lab orders are carried out within 14 days and that lab
results are reviewed, and critical values reported to the
provider.Direct Service Responsibilities:
- Direct Service as necessary and within scope of practice, which
may include crisis intervention, assessments, individual services,
group services, case conferences, and treatment plans as assigned
by the Associate Medical Director/Medical Director.
- Maintain clinical oversight of the department.
- Assist provider with medication management of patients.
- Ensures medical department compliance with all HealthRIGHT 360
Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain and track medication sheets to ensure patient
adherence to prescribed medications.
- Coordinate pharmacy services. Ensures control and oversight of
any paper prescriptions.
- Confirms that there is a progress note for every scheduled
appointment whether kept, missed, or cancelled.
- Provide medication education consultations and collaboration to
staff and student interns.Education and Knowledge, Skills and
- Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of California
with a minimum of a Bachelor of Science (BSN) degree from an
accredited college or university.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience as a supervisor in a
behavioral or mental health clinic or community health center.
- Minimum three (3) years' experience as an RN, preferred in
ambulatory care, public or community health experience.
- Certification in Basic Life Support (CPR).
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures,
as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to
skilled nursing care.
- Experience with efficient and effective treatment and
management of clients with co-occurring mental health and substance
- Knowledge of and experience with providing trauma informed
- Experience working with homeless, LGBTQ, and criminal justice
- Experience and understanding of Federally Qualified Health
Center and regulations.
- Experience and strong foundation in Quality Improvement.Tag:
Keywords: HEALTHRIGHT 360, Oxnard , Registered Nurse Manager - Prototypes Oxnard, Healthcare , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!