Nurse Shift Manager - Tele
Company: St Johns Regional Medical Center
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Welcome to St. John's Regional Medical Center.
At Dignity Health, we believe in the healing power of kindness.
Since 1912, we have been giving something forward to the people of
Oxnard, California. St. John's Regional Medical Center is a 266-bed
facility employing more than 1,200 caring professionals and a
medical staff of more than 600 active physicians. We offer a 23-bed
acute rehabilitation center, and provide a wide array of programs
and services that include oncology, cardiovascular, maternity care,
orthopedic, weight loss surgery, spinal disease treatment,
community outreach and more.
Our passion for inspiring a stronger, healthier world compels us to
lead with our hearts as we serve the community of Oxnard. One of
the most beautiful areas in the country, Oxnard is nestled between
Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and offers residents spectacular
beaches, clean air and open spaces, as well as easy access to
California wine country. We invite you to join us in delivering
humankindness, one person at time.
Position Title: Manager of Nursing
Manages the resources and daily activities of a nursing department
while ensuring environmental factors support high standards of
patient care. Assists in the training and development of new and
existing staff members. Creates and maintains an environment that
is conducive to learning transfer. Coordinates the activities of
the unit for each shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to
the nursing staff. Provides patient care as needed.
- Schedules nursing staff to specific shifts, taking into account
past utilization trends. Measures employee performance. Assists in
the training of new staff members and the development of existing
- Coordinates the activities of the unit during a particular
shift and directs, organizes, and assigns work to the nursing
- Assesses, monitors, and educates the nursing staff on patient
care. Institutes emergency procedures as necessary.
- Provides nursing care to patients on an as needed basis.
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts,
tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in
the context of the company's business; ability to apply this
knowledge appropriately in both clinical and non-clinical
- Knowledge of the decision-making process and associated tools
and techniques; ability to accurately analyze situations and reach
productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Understanding of the business value of diverse perspectives and
opinions and ability to understand, appreciate and employ the
unique contributions of associates of varied cultures,
nationalities, ethnic backgrounds, genders, ages, points of view,
- Knowledge of and ability to use industry standards,
evidence-based practice and policies and procedures relevant to
function and organization.
- Knowledge of healthcare policies for all clinical practices and
applicable laws and regulations governing proper clinical practice;
ability to demonstrate ethical behavior in diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the factors contributing to quality patient care,
and the ability to influence these factors in a positive way.
Education and Experience:
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience as
a registered nurse.
- Education: Associate's Degree in Nursing (e.g., ADN).
- Licensure: Registered Nursing License (RN), Basic Life Support
- Special Skills: None specified.
- Training: None specified.
Keywords: St Johns Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , Nurse Shift Manager - Tele, Executive , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!