Transportation and Logistics Manager
Company: Arlon Graphics LLC
Posted on: June 13, 2019
The Transportation & Logistics Manager is responsible for
transportation, warehousing and logistics oversight and success of
the operational and financial improvements for all regions
domestically and international. Today these locations include - the
USA (CA and OH), China, Brazil and the launch of a new European
facility in 2019. The Transportation & Logistics Manager will meet
regularly with Corporate Leadership in setting goals and targets,
supporting initiatives and assuring there is continuity of the
company message throughout their organization. The Transportation &
Logistics Manager will be responsible for building the
infrastructure, processes and tools to reduce delivery time to
customers and drive down costs throughout the Supply Chain.
- Own inbound and outbound transportation and logistics with key
goals of improving delivery time to customers and reducing the cost
of transportation. Full responsibility for transportation expense
item in P&L.
- Negotiate 3PL and direct contracts aligned with mid-term and
long-term strategy with key carriers to improve pricing,
performance, and support.
- Manage, monitor, improve and report on all aspects of logistics
(storage, transportation, freight costs).
- Develop and implement process and infrastructure around inbound
freight and logistics.
- Evaluate and create capability to gain efficiencies through
cross-dock, consolidation, back haul and other logistics
- Ensure maximum customer service, order fill rate, on-time
shipment, on-time delivery, order accuracy, and optimal
performance, balanced with cost and time/flexibility. Manage key
internal and client-facing metrics and define strategies for
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of current regulations and
trends affecting logistics and transportation related
- Identify and implement changes to operations, documents,
agreements, etc. to facilitate continuous improvement and adherence
to legal requirements.
- Maintain a safe work environment through training, equipment
and process improvements.
- Develop and communicate productivity and efficiency goals. Meet
or exceed goals.
- Establish cost control programs to meet or beat budgeted and
forecasted levels in transportation and warehousing.
- Lead team of direct reports to ensure business outcomes and
goals are defined and met.
- Hold Leadership accountable to expectations, and drive both
operational and financial improvement.
- Analyze and understand data presented, in measuring and
- Identify areas in need of improvement, and address.
- Participate in setting Transportation & Logistics targets,
goals and direction.
- Communicate goals, direction, initiatives and projects.
- Communicate results, trending and reasons.
- Assure continuity of the company message.
- Plan and supply workforce for all necessary implementation
- Assure implementations meet performance and financial
- Communicate all compliance requirements to Leadership.
- Conduct audits to assure compliance is met.
- A complete understanding of Transportation Logistics
- Develop and maintain excellent employee relations and
communications. Continually develop staff to meet Divisions future
- Leverage department talent, effectively improve team and
interdepartmental dynamics; ensure communication within departments
- Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing
- Prioritize, schedule and delegate responsibilities and work
assignments to help achieve goals in an efficient manner.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and development opportunities to
support associates' continued development and enrichment.
- Perform evaluations and periodic reviews.
- Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using
appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the
- Recruit strong team members, leading and developing them to
consistently achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Create trust and confidence in yourself and your teams.
- Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the,
Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving and Distribution departments.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and
evaluation of these units.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning,
assigning, and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding
and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems.Operations Leadership Team Key Member
- Participate in development and implementation of Annual
Operating Plan, including the identification of key projects
directed at improving safety, quality and efficiency. Identify,
evaluate and propose related capital projects.
- Be a strong spokesperson representing the needs of the
Transportation and Logistics Group.Person DescriptionTo perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, competencies, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.Education, Competencies and/or Experience
- Bachelors degree (BS) in an Operations Management,
Transportation and Logistics preferred, or equivalentMBA or MS in
Supply Chain Management a plus
- Minimum of ten years related experience in Transportation and
Logistics or Supply Chain Management including International
- APICS and/or CPIM a plus, but not required
- A strong mathematical aptitude is required
- Exposure to computer integrated manufacturing required.
- Strong PC proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets and the
- Strong operations background
- Forecasting training or practical experiencePersonal
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills at
levels of the business (additional languages relating to existing
Arlon locations is an advantage)
- Passion for data with strong analytical skills
- Able to operate independently
- Strong time management skills with sense of urgency when
- Organized/sets priorities/planner
- Strong strategic thinking leader
- Problem solver
- People developer/team leader
- Good common sense
- Hold people accountable
- Professional demeanor
- The employee must be able to travel on an airplane and drive an
automobile (rental).Arlon is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable
Keywords: Arlon Graphics LLC, Oxnard , Transportation and Logistics Manager, Executive , Placentia, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!