Director Security and Emergency Management
Company: St Johns Regional Medical Center
Posted on: January 20, 2023
OverviewSt. Johns Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard,
California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and
as one of Americas 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by
Healthgrades. St. Johns Regional is a part of Dignity Healths
Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit
Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the
nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals,
with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and
comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality,
safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active
philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs
of our communities. Learn more at
www.dignityhealth.org/StJohnsRegional. -We offer the following
benefits to support you and your family:
- Annual Incentive (Bonus) Program.
- Matching Retirement Programs.
- Pension fully funded by the Hospital.
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance.
- Free Membership to our Care@Work program supporting child care,
pet care, and adult dependent needs.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and
- Wellness Program.
- Paid Time Off (PTO).ResponsibilitiesPosition Summary: -Directs
activities related to protecting safety and security of patients,
visitors, staff and physicians. Coordinates ongoing Hazardous
Vulnerability Assessments (HVAs) for changes that could affect the
likelihood of an emergency, as well as those that could affect
response efforts and details of plan implementation. -Principal
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Directs the daily activities of the security department and
emergency management functions. Prepares, disseminates, and follows
up on security assessments / HVAs.
- Monitors existing security systems and technologies for
possible security leaks or fraud. Responsible for the development
and monitoring of physical and electronic measures.
- Designs and conducts security awareness and emergency
preparedness training programs.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the Security and Emergency
Management programs and develops and implements the Security
Management Plan and Emergency Management
Plan.#LI-DHQualificationsEducation and Experience: -
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Criminal
Justice, Safety Administration, Emergency Management, or a
combination of education and/or job related experience may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience managing a Security,
Safety and Emergency Program; two (2) of which must have been in a
- Two (2) years of active participation in a
healthcare/community-based emergency management program.Licensure:
- Current Driver's License.
- Security Guard CardTraining:
- Knowledge of Life Safety, TJC CMS and OSHA regulations and
- Knowledge of Hazmat WMD First Receiver Operations and
Decontamination for healthcare.
- Workplace violence training within 6 months of employment.
- Completion of NIMS compliant ICS 100HC, 200HC, 700 & 800
courses or state equivalent.
- CPR BLS & HA Certification within 90 days of employment.
Keywords: St Johns Regional Medical Center, Oxnard , Director Security and Emergency Management, Executive , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!