Company: Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
Posted on: April 3, 2021
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting career in the
world of technology, then look no further. Skyworks is an innovator
of high performance analog semiconductors whose solutions are
powering the wireless networking revolution. At Skyworks, you will
find a fast-paced environment with a strong focus on global
collaboration, minimal layers of management and the freedom to make
meaningful contributions in a setting that encourages creativity
and out-of-the-box thinking. Our work culture values diversity,
social responsibility, open communication, mutual trust and
respect. We are excited about the opportunity to work with you and
glad you want to be part of a team of talented individuals who
together can change the way the world communicates. Requisition
ID:--63516-- Job Description Director, Semiconductor Fab
Seeking a hands-on individual who is motivated, effective in a
fast-paced team-oriented environment, passionate about operations
and has an entrepreneurial mindset.
As our ideal candidate, you are dynamic, results-driven and enjoy a
high-change environment that is evolving to meet the needs of our
innovation and client demands. Responsibilities
- The director of manufacturing reports to the plant manager,
overseeing the management of all areas of manufacturing to produce
products on schedule while meeting the highest standards of safety,
quality and cost objectives.
- Directs and monitors manufacturing managers and supervisors to
create and execute goals of the manufacturing plan. This will
require working closely with the Process, Equipment, Industrial,
Facility and Quality engineering teams, and Production
- Coaches and develops staff to build their leadership skills and
- Ensures resources such as manpower, equipment efficiency,
capacity and materials are aligned to achieve manufacturing
- Acts as a liaison between department management/subordinate
levels, as well as plant manager to inform personnel of
communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect
their performance and results.
- Enhances safety and quality programs to exceed company
- Leads and fosters a culture of continuous improvement, employee
engagement and open communications.
- Drives a culture of reward, recognition, respect and
- Works closely with engineering teams to ensure development and
rollout of new technologies is successful in the factory.
- Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in
accordance with company policy.
- Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local
regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as
- Assists plant manager in the development and formulation of
short and long-range planning, policies, programs and
- Engages as a member of the factory management team through
participation in management meetings and reporting on departmental
performance and initiatives.
- Works with sister fabs to share knowledge and drive best
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as
Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering. Master's
Degree is highly desired.
- The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of experience in
manufacturing managing a significant segment of a large
manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer,
preferably in a process as well as capital intensive oriented
operations and/or related industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication with knowledge of MS
- Strong interpersonal skills, proactive approach, ability to
work under pressure, demonstrated organizational and time
- Strong initiative and leadership, analytical problem solving
- Lean manufacturing, cycle time management, and cost reduction
background is preferred.
- Experience with strategic planning and conceptual skills.
Skyworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Ventura
Nearest Secondary Market: Oxnard
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Manager, Engineer, Network,
Operations, Management, Engineering, Technology
Keywords: Skyworks Solutions, Inc., Oxnard , Director, Operations, Executive , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!