Motor Control Engineer
Company: Haas Automation, Inc
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Motor Control Engineer 4 Salary Range: 87,000.00 to 160,000.00
As the largest machine tool builder in the western world, we need
world-class talent in all of our departments. And we're not just
looking for people for the production floor. Haas is a very
vertically integrated company, with a wide range of high-tech
career opportunities available.Oh, and yes, we are the same Haas
that owns the Stewart-Haas Racing NASCAR teams, and the Haas F1
Team from the Netflix series: Drive to Survive. SUMMARY Motor
control design engineer will model, design, implement, test and
benchmark the motor controls of current and future Haas motor
drives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Help define requirements for motor control software and
interfacing hardware components including voltage and current
sensors, power stages, speed sensors.
- Understand, drive design of, and implement motor controller
functionality, behaviors, and algorithms.
- Maintain awareness of and influence research and development in
key component technologies that influence future inverter / motor
designs and motor control.
- Must be an active coder.
- Communicate technical ideas clearly, able to use Microsoft
Office applications when appropriate. - SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITIES This job does not have any supervisory
responsibilities. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully
the candidate must be able to perform each essential duty
adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Minimum Qualifications
- In-depth understanding of torque control techniques such as
slip-based control, field oriented control, direct torque
- Prior experience with flux estimation methods, 3-phase power
control, analytical control system theory development and
- Experience with various PWM schemes such as space vector,
discontinuous, and sinusoidal modulation, including
- Capability of delivering high-quality C/C++ code in an embedded
- Strong communication and preference for working in teams.
- System-oriented understanding of thermal, system-level torque
and velocity control, high voltage DC-link integration, efficiency
optimization, and firmware integration for electric drives.
- Model development and data analysis in Matlab/Simulink.
- Greater than 3 years of experience in implementation of
controls for automation, machinery, traction or other inverter-fed
drives. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Master's Degree MSCS or MSCE,
from a four-year college or university is required, plus an
additional 5+ years related experience or Bachelor's Degree
BSCS/BSCE with 7+ years plus an additional of related experience,
training and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Keywords: Haas Automation, Inc, Oxnard , Motor Control Engineer, Engineering , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!