Emission Test Laboratory Technician
Company: ICONMA, LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- The Emission Test Lab Technician prepares cars and performs
emission tests; he also assists in the maintenance and the
calibration of the test equipment.
- Preparation of vehicles for emission testing as specified in
- Before vehicles can be tested on the dynamometer test beds,
they must be prepared, checked and their status been
- This includes removing parts from the vehicle, draining fluids
including gas or diesel fuel, filling fluids as described in the
order, reading fault memories, checking the car for potential
- Tests for COP purposes are being performed on new cars which
are intended for sale after the tests.
- IUVP cars are customer cars, R&D cars are very rare and
expensive prototype cars.
- Highest level of professionalism and quality are necessary
virtues performing those services.
- Perform necessary repairs on cars to highest standards; these
repairs include problem investigation and therefore a complete
knowledge of all emission relevant systems in the car.
- Conduct check-in and check-out procedures to ensure highest
level of quality on these production cars.
- Setup vehicles on a dynamometer in a test cell.
- Setup of test equipment.
- Operate test cell automation system and measure
- Run tests for tailpipe emissions as well as SHED
- Evaluate & document test data according to checklists and
- Perform equipment calibration as instructed.
- Work on Hybrid cars (defined procedures).
- Make sure tests are performed at the highest level of
- Adapting to regulatory changes and changing procedures
concerning emission tests as instructed by the manager.
- This position provides updated and upfitted testing resources
(vehicles & benches) for the internal testing teams, as well as
occasionally for external partners.
- Communication towards other internal parties includes technical
details, timelines, and work priorities in case of multiple
- There is only rarely a communication to external partners
necessary, and on those occasions, the focus is as well on sharing
information on the current tasks.
- Associate's Degree Automotive or Electronics or Technical
Vocational Degree with certification in automotive or
- 5 years automotive technician experience.
- Proficient using diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Operate forklift, Stringo, General office skills.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating
an employment environment that supports and encourages the
abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age,
sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.
Keywords: ICONMA, LLC, Oxnard , Emission Test Laboratory Technician, Engineering , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...