Electrical Engineer II
Company: Battelle Memorial Institute
Posted on: May 22, 2023
Battelle delivers when others can't. We conduct research and
development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture
products and deliver critical services for our clients-whether they
are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government
agency. We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of
individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome
all qualified individuals to apply. Job Summary We are currently
seeking an Electrical Engineer. This position is located in Oxnard,
CA. The person selected for this position will be responsible for
the design, development, test, and production of complex electronic
and electromechanical systems. The ability to troubleshoot and
debug existing systems is also required. The person filling this
position will be expected to function as part of a technical team
which may be composed of engineers, technicians, and support staff.
Performs assignments of moderate complexity by compiling and
evaluating design and test data, preparing technical
specifications, analyzing technical data to determine appropriate
limits and variables for product, process or materials
- Designing, fabricating, and integrating electronic systems as
part of an integrated technical team.
- Testing and troubleshooting electronic systems.
- Reverse engineering electronic systems.
- Generating and debugging firmware code for microprocessors used
in embedded systems.
- Generating and interpreting electrical schematics.
- Ability to work on own or as part of a team.
- Ability to interface with clients both in defining system
requirements and fielding equipment.
- Ability to generate appropriate documentation including
technical manuals and procedures.
- Interpret, compile and analyze data collected and write various
- Complete assigned project work within schedule and budget
- Assist with proposal efforts as needed.
- Build relationships with internal clients.
- Contribute to IR&D studies.
- Support business development efforts led by others Key
- Bachelor's degree in related field with 2-5 years of experience
or master's degree in related field; or an equivalent combination
of education and or experience in a related field
- Must be a US Citizen and must hold an active Top-Secret
clearance to perform the job duties.
- Physically fit to accomplish required tasking including working
from ladders and in confined spaces.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on technical
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal
- Problem solving ability and commitment to quality results under
- Solid grasp of basic electrical engineering concepts and
ability to learn.
- Experience with standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes,
function generators, etc.
- Experience with computer languages/programs such as C, Matlab,
Word, Excel, etc.
- Must be willing to travel and work temporary assignments for up
120 days if needed. Salary Pay rate: $80,000-$110,000 This
information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this
position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may
vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills,
experience, and other relevant factors. Benefits: Live an
Extraordinary Life We care about your well-being, not just on the
job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help
you live your best life.
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our
team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for
every other Friday off-giving you a dedicated day to accomplish
things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support
work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and
vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a
variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care
and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an
industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most
employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and
match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to
pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work
and when you work. A Work Environment Where You Succeed For
brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business
operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by
solving humanity's most pressing challenges and creating a safer,
healthier and more secure world. You will have the opportunity to
thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific
- Give back to and improve our communities Vaccinations & Safety
Protocols Battelle may require employees, based on job duties, work
location, and/or its clients' requirements to follow certain safety
protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses,
bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued
employment and to provide documentation that they are fully
vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable
accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition
through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation
Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws). Battelle is an
equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities
for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to
individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information,
disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other
characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local
law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to
grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and
organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for
equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified
employees at all levels within Battelle. The above statements are
intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed
by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills
required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply
any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written
permission is granted by Battelle's Legal Department. For more
information about our other openings, please visit
Keywords: Battelle Memorial Institute, Oxnard , Electrical Engineer II, Engineering , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...