Field Engineering Supervisor
Company: L-3 Technologies
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Job Title: Spvr, Field Engineering
Job Code: FDM2
Job Location:Oxnard, CA
About the Job:
L3Harris is seeking a Supervisor in Field Support Engineering as it
continues to develop and establish a foothold in the rapidly
growing market space for Autonomous Surface Vessels (ASV). The role
will be based out of L3Harris location in Oxnard, CA.
Our ASVs are complex, cutting edge vehicles that are fitted with
sophisticated software and electronic systems and their support
will require a broad range of technical skills across a number of
different disciplines. Field Support Engineers support the initial
testing and configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of our
ASVs. The position does entail an average of 30% travel.
- Supervise technicians in the commissioning, testing, operation,
and maintenance of marine Autonomous Surface Vehicles (both on and
off the water) of the electrical, mechanical, and software
- Must keep organized and detailed records, logs, issues, and
checklists for a variety of operationally essential tasks
- Must coordinate and communicate effectively with Software and
Engineering teams to assist in commissioning and testing of various
vehicles produced and any operation of the vehicles in the
- Supporting the ongoing operation and maintenance of the
vehicles when deployed at customer locations including
investigation and diagnosis of any technical issues the vehicle and
its control system may experience
- Liaising directly with customers and their representatives when
the vehicles are deployed in the field at customer locations
- Working closely alongside members of the ASV Field Engineering
team and the wider ASV team to ensure the continued efficient
operation and refinement of our products by working with our
clients to capture feedback and change requests etc.
- Interfacing between the ASV Field Engineering team and
Software/Engineering teams to aid in effective communication and
provide feedback to the latter.
- This role will require worldwide travel, potentially at short
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in any of the following disciplines or
comparable: Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Computer Engineering, Software Engineering/Design, and Systems
- Bachelor's degree with minimum of 2 years' relevant experience,
or an Associate's degree with minimum of 6 years' relevant
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security
Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- This position requires use of information which is subject to
the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Applicants
must be a U.S. Person as per 22 CFR 120.15 in order to satisfy
export compliance requirements.
- Extensive software, computer network, and electrical experience
preferably backed up with experience of supporting such equipment
in the marine environment.
- To be self-directed, organized, systematic, punctual, and goal
- Understand and utilize effective troubleshooting techniques to
resolve software, electrical, and mechanical system issues
- Basic networking knowledge, in particular layer 2 and layer 3
functions, including: understanding of subnets, VLAN configuration,
routing functions, DHCP, IPSec, L2TP and the ability to
re-configure networks to meet changing demands.
- Linux system management and admin experience in a headless
environment, particularly in RHEL-based Linux distributions.
- Experience in the set up and fault finding of complex
- Excellent electrical knowledge including the ability to
understand electrical diagrams, understanding of various components
such as relays, actuators, and the ability to investigate and trace
- The ability to quickly locate the cause of a problem from a set
of symptoms and the ability to either resolve locally or liaise
effectively with shore-based support teams to ensure such problems
are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
- To have strong organizational abilities, oral & written
communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take high level direction from management and manage
a small team of field engineers by identifying their strengths and
assigning daily tasks to maximize efficiency through utilizing
their diverse skill sets. Daily tasks will be tracked and status
changes reported to the PE and PM.
- Basic boat handling skills
- Experience in the field of unmanned vehicles and/or
- Experience with marine electrical systems and sensors,
including experience with NMEA2000 and NMEA0183 protocols
- Experience in working with basic mechanical systems such as
marine engines, actuators
- PLC programming knowledge in structured text and use of
- Experience working in the offshore environment
- Experience with, and interest in, the marine environment
(either through business or leisure activities)
- Current Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency Training
(BOSIET) would also be an advantage but such training will be
provided if necessary
Keywords: L-3 Technologies, Oxnard , Field Engineering Supervisor, Engineering , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!