Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman, Payload and Ground Systems Division - Space
Components & Strategic Business Unit, specializing in deployable
systems for spacecraft such as solar arrays, instrument booms, and
various extendable support structures is seeking a Mechanical
Engineer for our facility in Oxnard, CA. Reporting to the Design
Engineering Manager, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible
for creating and implementing deployable structures and mechanical
mechanisms at the cutting edge of space technology. You will have
ownership of your work from the concept creation through the design
and analysis phases and may also participate in the manufacturing,
testing, and integration of the systems. Responsibilities
- Create, prototype, design, and analyze structures and
mechanisms for moving mechanical assemblies such as solar arrays,
booms, and other support structures and mechanisms for satellite
- Develop and refine components and subsystems utilizing design
skills, hand calculations, and finite element analysis or other
modeling tools as needed.
- Perform detailed 3D designs, generate CAD drawings and related
documents, and support manufacturing and assembly of
- Document test plans and procedures requirements.
- Lead, participate, and present in internal and external
(customer) design reviews.
- Strive for the highest possible structural performance that is
also cost effective and assures complete reliability.
- Be accountable for, manage, and track multiple priorities while
maintaining a focus towards common project goals of the program
team, matrix organization, and customers.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Astronautical,
- 2 years of applicable experience in mechanical design and
closed-form analysis with some understanding of finite element
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to multitask and organize/prioritize job assignments in
a fast-paced and gated-release engineering development
- Master's degree in applicable area.
- Proficiency with mechanical computer aided design (CAD)
software, preferably design and analysis experience with PTC Creo
- Practical understanding of GD&T (ASME Y14.5-2009)
- Detailed mechanical design knowledge of structures, mechanisms,
release and drive actuators, and material selection.
- Spacecraft/aerospace materials experience in metals, adhesives,
- Working knowledge of applicable manufacturing processes such as
machining, finishing, and rapid prototyping.
- Demonstrable problem solving skills with hands-on project
- Excellent technical communication skills and strong analytical
- Self-motivated with the ability to organize and prioritize job
assignments and tasks.
- Ability to work independently as well as in an integrated team
and adapt to change and dynamic requirements.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint...). Salary Range: $74,900 USD - $112,300 USD Employees
may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay.
Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as
well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in
Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term
Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of
benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability
insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off
(PTO) for vacation and/or personal business. The health and safety
of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company
encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19
vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in
the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical
or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions
and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor
vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status,
national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other
protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Oxnard , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!