Company: SEED Beauty - ColourPop
Posted on: September 10, 2020
Job DescriptionSEED Beauty is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer
who manages manufacturing technology and continuous improvement
projects. The scope of this work spans end-to-end concept research,
design, prototyping, qualification, and production launch.
Technologies include mixing and thermal management, tooling and
fixturing, filling and dispense, indexing and movement, robotics,
and automated assembly. The successful candidate must possess
experience in developing and deploying these types of technologies
in a high-volume, commercial setting. Application of lean
manufacturing and continuous improvement principles is required in
conjunction with technology deployment. This person must be able to
coordinate project activities and develop work assignments for self
and others. Responsibilities also include supporting existing
assembly equipment, as required.Your Opportunity:
- Interpret product requirements in the context of selecting
technologies to deliver desired production and quality
- Research, concept, and define new technologies. Refine existing
- Design and prototype equipment and work cell solutions. Select
appropriate catalog components. Create complete assembly layouts
and Bills of Materials. Design custom components using CAD. Create
complete drawings, specs, and turn-over documentation.
- Lead design reviews. Articulate and support design trade-offs
under critical review.
- Oversee ordering, fabrication, and assembly. Create and submit
purchase requisitions for project material requirements. Oversee
- Develop project plans and timelines, and manage internal and
external resources to deliver. Lead cross functional project
- Supervise/coordinate technicians and mechanics in the timely
completion of projects
- Assign tasks to other mechanics to assist in major projects and
track progress to timely and accurate completion.
- Assist individuals to develop skills based on required needs of
the project and company.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources. Provide and
present verbal and written conclusions and recommendations for
improvement and optimization.
- Work with management to develop equipment improvement
opportunities; provide actionable suggestions to potential
cost-saving or quality enhancing projects.
- Perform troubleshooting and repair of existing assembly
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager.Your
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with
emphasis in Manufacturing.
- Minimum 3 years Solidworks CAD experience with models,
mechanisms, assemblies, and drawings. Experience designing tooling
- Minimum 3 years experience with Design for Manufacturability
(DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA) for multiple manufacturing
- Training in (DOE) design of experiment and (FMEA) Failure Mode
- Familiar with designing and building robust assembly equipment
and automated work cells. This includes pneumatics, hydraulics,
robotics, and PLC’s.
- Excellent communication skills; must interface seamlessly with
other departments, including Assembly, Engineering, Tool Room, and
- Trouble shooting / failure analysis.
- Ability to create standard training and instructional documents
and machine/ maintenance manuals.
- Demonstrated training in lean manufacturing practices (strongly
preferred). Able to perform production line balancing to optimize
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt (preferred).
- Knowledge of OSHA compliance.
- Self-starter attitude with ability to take on tasks with
- Sense of urgency without compromising quality and detail.
- Team-player who thrives in a highly cross-functional,
collaborative environment and diverse team Company DescriptionSEED
Beauty was born from the desire to disrupt the traditional and
tired ways of creating beauty products, and transform into an
e-commerce company that is equipped to evolve with the
ever-changing landscape of beauty. SEED Beauty believes in
re-inventing how brands interface with our customers, investing in
the U.S, committing to sustainability and quality of products, and
the entrepreneurial spirit.
Keywords: SEED Beauty - ColourPop, Oxnard , Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!