Audit & Tax Associate - Spring 2020
Posted on: January 17, 2020
Audit & Tax Associate - Spring 2020 Career Site Location CA,
Req ID 8132
Scheduled Hours Per Week:
With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major
metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ
(NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business
services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual
clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with
highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has
been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers by Forbes, 2018 Best
Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to
Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the
Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest
scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies
to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one
of the top providers of accounting services in the United States.
With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we
serve the country s growing mid-market public and private
businesses. MHM provides high-quality audit and attest services
while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax
and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging,
motivating environment to guide your success in this profession.
Training is provided through the Associate Professional Development
(APD) program which is specifically designed to build on the
foundations of your college studies to develop advanced accounting
knowledge. In this program, you will benefit from:
* National level training resources and technology
* Development of leadership and networking skills
* Exposure to multiple clients within diverse industries
* Mentoring by Managers & Directors
* Connecting personal success with CBIZ & MHM success
CBIZ MHM is proud of our strong company culture. In 2016 we were
recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Los Angeles by the
Los Angeles Business Journal; in San Diego by the San Diego Union
Tribune and in Orange County by the Orange County Business Journal.
It was an honor to be recognized for such prestigious awards,
knowing that it was the feedback from our employees that earned us
our spot on those lists.
The Audit and Tax Associate works as a member of the Client
Services group and gets to experience both the tax department
(CBIZ) and the audit department (MHM) in providing outstanding
service to our valued clients. This position performs many of the
duties of an entry level accountant including working directly with
corporate clients, under the supervision of upper-level
Essential Functions & Primary Duties:
* Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit
assignments for MHM in Real Estate, Construction, Nonprofit,
Manufacturing and many more industries.
* Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for CBIZ for
partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals.
* Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax
notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns.
* Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing
principles, quality control standards and technology implementation
procedures relative to individual client assignments.
* Participate in client assignments from beginning to end.
* Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and
improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and
partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit
* Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all
levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to
strengthen client relationships.
* Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by
providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to
understanding their goals and needs.
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional
standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
* Assist with training and mentoring junior associates and interns
on audit methodology.
A successful candidate will have:
* Bachelor's degree required; Master s degree in Accounting,
Taxation or related field preferred.
* CPA eligible; desire to obtain certification is required.
* Internship experience in accounting or related field
* Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project
management skills, including knowledge of GAAP, Taxation
compliance, codes and regulations and GAAS rules, procedures and
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing
throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a
results driven team oriented environment.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills.
* Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office
Suite, Outlook, intranet and audit software.
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
CBIZ.Jobs Category: University
If you are a qualified individual with a disability you may request
reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your
ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability.
You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling 844-558-1414
(toll free) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for
employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion,
national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military
status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical
condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like
more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the
law, please visit these following pages EEO is the Law and EEO is
the Law Supplement.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION
* Back Share
Keywords: CBIZ, Oxnard , Audit & Tax Associate - Spring 2020, Accounting, Auditing , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!