Director, Benefits and Wellness
Company: Reiter Affiliated Companies
Posted on: December 2, 2019
Reporting to the CHRO, the Director of Benefits & Wellness provides
strategic and operational leadership in the design, development,
implementation, administration, and communication of RAC's Benefits
programs including health, wellness, and retirement. The Director
will ensure that the benefits and wellness programs are consistent
with our company Mission and Values, providing high quality
benefits to attract and retain employees, while leveraging a
network of private and public offerings to ensure efficiency and
value. The Director manages a team of 8.
Responsibilities IncludeBenefits Programs and Systems
- Analyze existing programs and review data of organization,
market trends in agriculture industry and prevailing practices to
establish competitive benefits programs and/or recommend
modifications to existing programs.
- Subject matter expert for complex self-insured and
fully-insured benefits plans.
- Responsible for all compliance audits and ensuring that all
corporate and legal compliance requirements are met.
- Direct and manage all aspects of 401(k) program administration
- Develop and execute sound communication, education and training
programs to assist the diverse employee population with
understanding the benefits offerings while promoting the value
provided by the organization.
- Source, negotiate, contract and manage strong relationships
with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors, and consultants for
services, premiums, and plan administration.
- Oversee leave of absence processes and materials, and be active
liaison with HRBPs, Legal and Workers Compensation teams.
- Develop and communicate benefit program strategies to
Leadership and Partners, including changes and government mandates,
in a manner that positions the benefits function as a trusted
advisor to the business.
- Use Continous Improvement methods to develop and present ideas
for improvement, and is adept at measuring and analyzing benefits
data in order to improve plan effectiveness, build efficiencies,
and proactively enhance the delivery of the Benefits function.
- Position RAC as a preferred employer internally and
- Ensure benefit programs are supported by appropriate technical
systems, data elements and integrations. Deep understanding of
Human Resources Systems and impact on benefit programs including
- Work with Finance to ensure accurate and timely costing to
multiple legal entities for both self insured and fully insured
- Work with IT to design and build the infrastructure needed to
obtain maximum operability and functionality of current
- Develop and oversee the execution of tactical plans to ensure
that HRIS supports the Company's strategic objectives and
compliance with various governance and audit requirements.La
- Oversee continuity of care between prevention and health
management programs to drive quality and effective health care for
employees and their families. Identify and realize efficiencies in
- In collaboration with Third Party clinic administratior and
Medical Director, leverage data analytics, insights and industry
practices to evaluate program effectiveness and make
recommendations for improvements.
- Ensure FreSalud clinics, as a benefit plan, meets ERISA,
Section 125, and ACA regulations.
- Create, oversee and manage budgeted expenses for Clinics.
Identify and implement efficiencies that increase value-added
services while managing costs.
- Identify and establish agreements with community and government
partners that increase level and continuity of health care for
employees and their families.Sembrando Salud Harvesting Wellbeing
- Drive best practices and innovative program methodologies that
facilitate the adoption of healthy behaviors and reduction of
health risks factors among employees and their families.
- Influence company leaders and Partners to model and support
program activities and healthy behaviors, aligned with creating a
culture of health and happiness.
- Develop and implement consistent measurement and evaluation
strategy for programming including participant satisfaction,
program impact, value, and utilization. Execute PDCA method to
achieve program objectives.
- Establish and execute partnerships with community and
government resources to further the goals of the program, including
contracts, collaboration agreements, grants, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong command of economic and financial analysis and reporting
of health care data.
- Creative thinker who can provide strategic thought leadership,
think analytically and solve complex issues and challenges.
- Project Management - lead and manage multiple multi-faceted and
cross-functional projects from conception to execution
- Create new and unique ideas aligned with business priorities,
present to senior management, and influence by-in from Executive
- Oracle experience a plus.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish preferred.
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and mature business
skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with workers,
colleagues, management team and partners.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information with a high
degree of professionalism.Knowledge of:
- Expert knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations
related to employee benefits and retirement programs including
ERISA law and applicable compliance requirements.
- Expert knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations
related to leaves of absence, including ADA, FMLA, CFRA and
- In depth knowledge in best practices for culturally competent
health care delivery.
- Knowledge and experience working with the agricultural
workforce and issues impacting this population.
- Comfortable and experience with ambiguity, complexity, and
--- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field; or an equivalent
combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum 7 years in Benefits Manager or Director role, and/or HR
- Experience with cost analysis of benefits, strategic planning,
continuous process and quality improvement and project
- Experience with financial costing and general ledger accounting
as it relates to employee benefits and 401k programs. Travel
- Ability to travel 30% percent of the time - domestic and
Keywords: Reiter Affiliated Companies, Oxnard , Director, Benefits and Wellness, Accounting, Auditing , Oxnard, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!